Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member from east-central Oklahoma. In mid April I purchased a new 2016 Honda Rancher TRX420 TE1 (ES). A dealership was blowing them out for $3,999.00 out the door and I couldn't resist. I decided to have the stock 2 ply Maxxis tires replaced with 26x10x12 8 ply Sedona Rip Saw radials, as well as Sedona aluminum rims (black powder coated) all around. Love the additional width and ground clearance.

I got around to mounting my Grizzly 15 cooler on the rear rack with turnbuckles, and my Pelican boxes on the front racks with an alternative mounting method which doesn't involve drilling holes in the bottom and using U-bolts.

Yesterday I mounted a Warn XT15 using a KFI mount. The XT15's width is 10.3" instead of the normal 13.9" which I needed due to the larger tires. Fit was perfect and it sits entirely behind the skid plate. The XT15 is discontinued (2011 I think), but I found a new one for $199.00 and couldn't pass it up. It's 1,500 lbs, but I always use a snatch block anyway, so this is little concern for me. I sort of like the synthetic rope. All I've had before was wire rope.

I've done the normal things like putting dielectric grease in all electrical plugs as well as spark plug boot.

Maiden voyage was last week for 27 miles out around the lake, oil field roads, etc.

My previous ATV's were two Kawasaki Bayou 300's and a 2005 Rancher TRX350 TE1 (ES).

Looks like a good forum to read and learn from. Thanks all.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats! That's an incredible price, especially OTD. I have loved my 2016 Rancher. Mine is the TRX420FA2. Just hit 2400 miles on the odometer yesterday. The Ranchers are awesome.

Out of curiosity, do you still have the stock tires? Or did the dealer keep them?

Reactions: OklahomaOutlaw

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! That's an incredible price, especially OTD. I have loved my 2016 Rancher. Mine is the TRX420FA2. Just hit 2400 miles on the odometer yesterday. The Ranchers are awesome.

Out of curiosity, do you still have the stock tires? Or did the dealer keep them?

I let the dealer keep them in exchange for a $300.00 credit towards the Sedonas. Where I typically ride I don't feel comfortable on 2 ply tires, although they are good tires. I probably should have just kept them in hindsight.

·
Registered
832 Posts
:icon_ worthless:

·
Registered
711 Posts
That makes sense. I have loved the stock tires, although my fronts are wearing a little thin. But I seem to be a little different than most folks - I prefer the compliant ride of soft/light tires. Hoping I can find some new/stock pull-offs to buy.

Also hoping you post pics of that gorgeous new Rancher.

Reactions: misterclean59

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow! What nice looking quad. Well done. I like how you have it all outfitted for yourself already. Cool hookups for the boxes.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Crazy good deal congrats!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! What nice looking quad. Well done. I like how you have it all outfitted for yourself already. Cool hookups for the boxes.
Thank you. The Pelican cases took some thought for sure. I didn't want holes in the bottom, or bungee straps across the top. Works great, solid as a rock.

Reactions: creed82

·
Registered
711 Posts
Are all four tires the same size?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, 26x10x12. No hitting or rubbing. Gained about an inch of ground clearance. The tire size did come into play when choosing a winch though, thus the smaller footprint Warn XT15 (slightly over 10" wide). It sits 100% behind the skid plate.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yes, 26x10x12. No hitting or rubbing. Gained about an inch of ground clearance. The tire size did come into play when choosing a winch though, thus the smaller footprint Warn XT15 (slightly over 10" wide). It sits 100% behind the skid plate.
Cool. Out of curiosity, are the rims also the same size and offset? Do you know?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool. Out of curiosity, are the rims also the same size and offset? Do you know?
Rims are the same, front is 2+5 offset, rear is 4+3 offset.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts