Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Between my father in law and myself we have been collecting 85-87 Honda TRX250 utilities. We have yet to pay more than a couple hundred bucks for each. This last time I picked one up that the owner was planning on running it in the dunes. Seems like a pretty heave machine for sand running. Anyway, I paid $180 for it, sold the sand tires to my buddy for $150, a guy from town is buying the spacers for $60. I think I made out pretty well.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
Welcome to the forums , the 250A was heavy weight wise , but it is a heavy duty atv with a nice engine , I have had quite a few over the years , the rear end is cherished by 300 owners

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I love those old trx 250s , post some pis of your herd when you get a chance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forums! I love those old trx 250s , post some pis of your herd when you get a chance.
I would love to post some pics but all but two are tore down. My father in law was not aware that they had an oil filter in them when he first started buying these, and unfortunately either the clutches all slip or the one way bearings are destroyed. We are slowly fixing these issues but have yet to fix all of the bearings. I have read one of them you have to do something, like flip all the sprags or something. Still need to do more research on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts