Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. glad to be a part of this forum. i just bought an 82' Honda 3 wheeler. i got it to cruise around the pits at the dirt tracks where i race a 78 camaro in the streetstock class. its in real good shape for an 82, but there is one issue. my question is- are there 2 oil drain plugs on the bottom? there is one bolt that looks to be a drain plug but i noticed a similar hole very near the other one but this one has no plug/bolt and is dripping oil. the fellow i bought it from rode it around and so did i, but right after i bought it i noticed a slow drip. the hole that is open has threads for some kind of plug/bolt and it was very clean as if the plug fell out very recently. anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. i'll go take a pic and post. thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
If I am looking at it correctly that is a hole that is for nothing. Just missing its bolt I guess. I say that because the whole thing is kinda tilted. Makes me think the one on the left is the actual drain bolt. Not sure though. But you ARE missing a bolt there.

Welcome to the forum btw!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply jbacon. if it is extra, any thoughts on why it would be dripping oil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that bolt holds in the cam chain tensioner. i am missing the bolt,washer,bottom spring retainer and the 2 part springs. there is also a little metal sleeve that is part of the assembly, but mine is still in there. parts are on the way. total- $25. not too bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts