Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys finally got rid of my 2014 Can am Outlander 1000 XT that was a big mistake buying that bran new thank god for the three year warranty ,nothing but problems from the get go. !!!! I had a 1990 Honda fourtrax 300 from bran new had it for 24 years and the only thing i changed on it was front and back brakes and nothing else.Now that i have learnt my lesson Im buying a 2017 Honda Rubicon 500 Deluxe do you think that is a good choice ????

Nice to be back in Honda country !!!!

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
welcome to the forums. sounds like a good choice ?. I don't buy new atvs, just buy basket cases, and make them new again, without the monthly payments !..lol.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
welcome to the site
I think coming from a 1,000 can am, your going to be missing a LOT of the HP that it had, getting on a 500 honda

so it will really come down to what type of riding you like to do,a s to how happy or NOT you will be

reliability should be a bunch better, but if an atv doesn';t do what you want, being as reliably as can be doesn't do much to satisfy your needs else where!

your going from about a 100 HP< machine down to about a 30 hp machine here., so thats like giving up 70+ hp?

and thats a LOT

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Get a 700 Grizzly..

Its more up your alley... Very strong tough bike if you maintain the ultramatic with the grizzly grease..

Also eats brakes... But the bike is solid..

I think going to a 500 is to much of a step down and you'll be on the Yamaha anyway..

But as someone stated, it all depends on how and where you ride..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Rubicon! Oh Yeah!!!:icon_ rocker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.