Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a damaged sprocket on a Honda Fourtrax 200 Type II. I have never worked on one of these before. Are there any links for this change? It looks to me like I have to take the wheel off, pull the axle, and remove the sprocket, then reverse to put back together. How do I pull the axle? and how do I put it back in. Any help will greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't get pics yet, this atv is at my daughters house. I went to a local dealer and he said I don't have to pull axle. I have only seen this atv 1 time for about 15 min. It looks like there is a little plastic hubcap with honda on it, is there a bolt under that cap to take the hub off? I'll try to get pics tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
the sprocket should be held on with 4 bolts and all you have to do is pull the wheel the sprocket is open in the middle so it will slip past the hub assembly. if it isnt the all you do is pulkl the wheel take out the cotter key remove the nut and the hub slips off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. I should be able to look at it tomorrow,then I might have more questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info TRX2fiveO, I got the sprocket off and ordered a new one. When it comes in I have to check the chain for any damage. Here is what the old sprocket looks like. Grand kids broke it and gramps has to fix it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Glad you were able to fix it. looks like they ran over something?/ you might look into a skid plate for th rear to prevent that from happening again.... I doubt the chain is damaged.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I thought of the skid plate as soon as I saw the sprocket. The only experience I have is I built and raced dune buggies years ago. Where would be the best place to look for a skid plate? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Wow thats some damage to a sproket. Ebay will probly have what you need or a dealer. You could also check out the websites of Motosport and Rocky mountainAtv
I would try ebay first though, cheaper and more veriety.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea tomgodd, I have one on order. You know how kids are, "we didn't hit Nothin" Naw, they hit something. Big too>

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Dennis Kirk may have something also or you could fabricate one yourself?

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Whatta you mean we ripped off the handlebars???? thay were already like that!! I got on it and they fell off!......LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts