Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1996 model fourtrax 2wd. We've had it since it was new and we just replaced the factory Goodyear tires on it last week with some 25" interco swamp lite tires. The carbs been jetted, it has a small bracket lift in the front and haven't done the rear lift just yet. Other than that it stock. Me and my gf like to take it riding together. Combined weight of 400 or so pounds between the two of us. The rear sags down a lot when I sit on it myself let alone the both of us. Wanting to find a spring or a shock that will make the ride better and not sag as much. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
580 Posts
The shock should have an adjustment on it. Should turn at bottom of spring around what looks like little ramps. The longer the ramp, the firmer it should be.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
The shock should have an adjustment on it. Should turn at bottom of spring around what looks like little ramps. The longer the ramp, the firmer it should be.
not all shocks have this feature ?, but most do, and your correct :).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would look into a set of 512 shocks they are longer and made to hold more weight I put them on my 03 foreman so I could load it down with corn to fill my feeders before deer season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Don't think many stock fourtrax of that era left the factory with adjustable shocks, I'm yet to see one here in England.
As you already have a lift on the front you could consider an EX shock which is adjustable and also gives you lift. I'm sure it's the EX rear that fits, shadetree I'm sure can confirm this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.