Honda ATV Forum banner

New guy here looking for an '87 TRX350D Fourtrax with ??'s

11K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just found this forum recently. I am looking to find a good running and in good shape 1987 TRX 350D 4x4, preferebly with red plastics, that I can fix up and restore. I've always wanted one of these since it was the first 4x4 ATV to come out. I used to have several Honda ATC's that I restored and want to do the same with the TRX 350D. I do have a question for anyone who has one of these...how long is the TRX 350D? I want to make sure it can fit in the back of my truck which has a toolbox. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forums. Actually, the first 4X4 that Honda made was the 1986 TRX350, but the '87 is basically the same thing with just a few minor differences.

#4 ·
If you're looking for one to rebuild, then I'd stick with the 87-89 because those parts will be interchangeable for the most part. If you get an 86, you only have 1 year to find parts from, and many of them won't interchange. I found that out when I started looking for parts for mine.

#5 ·
Yeah, there are a few differences with the '86 models. Pain's giving you some good advice as the parts are getting hard to find. When they came out in '86, they were called Fourtrax 350 and then, the following year in '87, Honda made the Fourtrax 350 and the Fourtrax 350D. The Fourtrax 350D was designated the "Foreman" and that's when they started putting the Foreman decals on them.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I'd definitely like to get an '87-'89 model due to the availability of parts, etc..I know that there are several Hondaline accessories for these as well. Just have to find a good running one now!

#8 ·
I live in SE Louisiana, I've seen a couple on Craigslist but they were sold by the time I called on them.

#17 · (Edited)
That's what I'm looking for, I def. may be interested. Where abouts do you live, can you email me some pics of it? My email is patrickbwell at gmail dot com. thanks

#10 ·
mine is a '89 trx 350d foreman..overall length..72.8 in..overall width..40.9 in..overall height...42.5 in.. dry weight..571 lbs..keep in mind..this is a '89 trx350d foreman 4x4..the one i have in my pic on here.

#11 ·
I wonder why yours is almost 100 pounds heavier? I didn't think they were that much difference between those two years.

#14 ·
and thats not counting the warn winch and cargo box !..maybe they made the diff gears an such heavier ??..i don't know..what i do know is..it's one heavy bike !!..my little 140 lbs light arse has one heck of a time trying to pick the rear end up..and moving it !..lol.

#15 ·
I found two owners manuals for the 350, but one said '85 and the other was '86. I don't think that's right, because I'm pretty sure they didn't make a 350 in '85 and the manual didn't actually say '85 on the cover. The website just said it was an '85. Anyway, the '85 manual said 570 pounds and the '86 said 593 pounds. Both manuals had different lengths and widths than your 350 or ramazzotti's 350, but the height was the same as yours. So, who knows. The racks were probably made a little different and that would explain the differences in the width or length, but I can't figure the 100 pound difference in weight.

#20 ·
first off..no..they did not make a 350 in 85..they did not make the trx350's until 86-87..they called them trx350 fourtrax 4x4...not until 87-89 did they name them trx350d foreman 4x4..i'm guessing sinse mine has the electronic fuel gauge..and added electronics..different racks..and maybe a bigger gas tank..this is why the weight is higher on mine...like i said..the weight i gave on here.is right out of the honda service manaul..soo..thats all i know.

#18 ·
Hey Patrick, just FYI, I wouldn't post your email like that in a forum. It's easy for spam bots to mine addresses that are listed like that.

If you want to list your address, put it in a format like this:

PatricBwell at gmail dot com

That makes it almost impossible for a bot to recognize as an email address, but a human can.

#25 ·
There are three different carriers—of which do you ask?
The basket rack carrier was designed for the 86-87 TRX350A and requires you drill two holes in the fender.
Cooler carrier was designed for the 86-87 TRX350A and requires no modifications
The Foreman TRX350D carrier requires you to drill two holes in the fender and bolt to the special (1 year only) front bumper

#26 ·
There are three different carriers—of which do you ask?
The basket rack carrier was designed for the 86-87 TRX350A and requires you drill two holes in the fender.
Cooler carrier was designed for the 86-87 TRX350A and requires no modifications
The Foreman TRX350D carrier requires you to drill two holes in the fender and bolt to the special (1 year only) front bumper View attachment 152479 View attachment 152480 View attachment 152481
Honestly just looking for a good rack to put on and my plastics are horrible and broke so just needing something to bolt on and be functional. I use it for deer and Turkey hunting mostly. Would consider buying plastics for it, if I could find any…

#27 · (Edited)
I have that cooler carrier you see in the middle. I would sell it for $125 plus shipping it’s made for your rig.

i was fitting it up for spacers so it would fit real well. Here’s a random pic of one.

BTW it’s new in the bag; has instructions and everything. Cambridge Metal and Plastics.

#29 ·
I bought a complete set from a salt lake city salvage yard—through ebay. Shipped for $500.

Meier plastics used to make new fenders i see they are available here:

#31 ·
Sorry it’s not the flat basket rack — it’s the high sided cooler rack.
Well i was reminded that my daughter bought this for my Christmas 3 years ago as part of the project—after i told her what i wanted and she got it NIB—so I couldn’t sell it anyway.
Sorry about that too.
I can’t figure out how to put my shotgun on there so just as well. I got a bunch of hardware for it tonight—As you can see i still need to level it out.
Here’s a pic of the cooler rack info—just in case you want one like that. The basket rack would be better cause the gun mount would be lower and not stick up into you headlight.
I’ll help ya look for stuff cause these rigs are my favorite

#32 · (Edited)
I found a cooler carrier and basket carrier

Cooler carrier—not in great shape—needs some corrosion control. Appears to be misidentified as for a TRX300. $150 free shipping.

Basket rack is in similar condition. This would be best option. This one requires special mounting rubbers and metal spacers. The rubbers are there but one spacer is missing.

#36 ·
used from a salvage yard is about your best chance to find these bars. most front racks in this style already have the bars welded to the rack if i remember right ?. if it were me, i would locate some round tubbing , fab up my own bars to attach the rack to the front bumper.

#35 · (Edited)
These are called vibration isolators. No longer available from Honda but you can get them. The originals are about 3/4 inch diameter. I’ll have to check mine to see size

similar to these but metric—you’ll need 8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.