Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I am new to the ATV scene, as least owning one. I am over 50 and finally got my first, a 1998 Fourtrax 300 4x4. It needs a little work, like a battery and a front rim, a screw or fastener here and there, but it runs great (no smoke) and has a Warn winch as well. I have outgrown "mudding", because I got tired of fixing things that broke as a result. No offense to those who still like it. I am mainly here for technical info and such, and hope I can be a contributor as well.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums, lots of old timers here, spec me !. 52, and getting older..lmfao. your in good hands here :).

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
oh, and I know all too well about what wild riding will do to a atv ?, it's not worth it, cost to much, my pockets ain't that deep anymore..lol.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from a 48 y/o.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Greetings! I am new to the ATV scene, as least owning one. I am over 50 and finally got my first, a 1998 Fourtrax 300 4x4. It needs a little work, like a battery and a front rim, a screw or fastener here and there, but it runs great (no smoke) and has a Warn winch as well. I have outgrown "mudding", because I got tired of fixing things that broke as a result. No offense to those who still like it. I am mainly here for technical info and such, and hope I can be a contributor as well.
Ha,
We have the same rig all you have to do is swap the order of the last 2 digits of the year.
And mine is not a 4x4. LOL!

But Yeah, I'm over 50 (well, will be next month) and never owned a ATV till a couple weeks ago. You said you "outgrew" mudding. For the life of me I never saw the appeal of driving to a mud hole with your vehicle. (mainly talking trucks, Jeeps) and then all the pain involved in extracting it. I drove around them mainly not because I feared getting stuck but I didn't want mud caked into every crevice of the vehicle. But I know a lot of guys; that is what off roading is all about. Not so much trail riding, but diving in a mud hole. :blink:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Welcome to the group! I'm just across the state line in TN.

Reactions: cmanningjr
1 - 10 of 10 Posts