Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently called a buddy of mine that sells chevron lubricants and has done numerous research on all the products that he sells and ask him if the new delo 400 SDE has Molly in it. His response was no it has (no Molly) so it's safe to run in atvs that has wet clutches. He also said that some of John Deere and catipillars run this oil in transmissions and rear ends that has wet clutches in them. So I guess it would be safe to say that u can run this particular oil in atvs with wet clutches in them.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I Guess you could gamble on it, but WHY do so, with so many great oils out there that are wet clutch approved and say so on the bottle rather some one's word of mouth??
your atv, you can gamble and HOPE Its OK, based on the info your buddy said,
but me, I will stick to oil's that say so on the bottle!
as its NOT just Molly that you have to worry about in oils that are NOT wet clutch approved!

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I would not pour a drop of oil into any of my bikes unless that oil is "JASO MA" rated oil for wet clutches. If your Delo oil is not JASO MA rated, I would not use it.

Rick

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Rotella T6 synthetic is Jaso-MA rated now. It wasn't before but I have always ran it in my wheelers with no problems. They changed the bottle and I noticed the other day it listed Jaso-MA rating now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
LBZ_Duramax
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing