Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 Honda Recon 250 that wasn't running and the guy I bought it from had just put a new carburetor on it and there is a hose coming out of the carburetor that is not attached. I can't find a place where this hose is supposed to go so I cut it off and left about 4 inches and plugged it with a screw. Is this a carburetor that fits different models and some models has a use for this hose?

· Premium Member
4,700 Posts
If you could post a few pics, im sure some of the guys could advise you.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
a pic is worth a thousand words..or in this case..answers :).

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
no telling who/what someone stuck on your recon ?..lol. someone may have thought it used the same carb as the old school trx250's ?, or It may be a after market china carb ?..we can't say unless we see it ?.

· Premium Member
4,700 Posts

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Here is a picture
from what I can see ?, that is just an over flow line. it needs to be open, and ran up as high as posb. it servers as a air vent line as well :). if you pull it off the carb all the way ?, you will notice its stuck on what I call a nipple on the side of the carb ?, most carbs have one on each side of the carb, and they come together with a tee fitting, and are ran up away from the carb :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.