Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 Honda trx250tm recon that wont start. I am at a loss on what to check now and was hoping that maybe icould get some ideas of what it may be thrown my way so I can get it up and running again... Because honestly I am pretty stumped.. first the neutral light wouldn't come on narrowed it down to a bad cdi box well the new cdi box doesn't work either however with the cdi box from my Honda 300 the neutral light comes on and I can use the button to try to crank it... It still downt have a spark I have replaced the spark plug and the igniton coil, as I said the cdi box, carborator is new, all of the fuses are good what else could it be?

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Reinstall your old CDI and tap on it vigorously while cranking. Does it start?

Rick

· Registered
8,309 Posts
if the NEW CDI is an aftermarket made one, it can be BAD, I have had bad luck with aftermarket CDI's and have read of MANY others, when you NEED electronic's for your HONDA< BUY Honda, other things NOT such a big deal, but electronic's, you need OEM

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
buy the correct c.d.i. for that year/make/model. don't waste your time on a aftermarket c.d.I., AND ONE THAT IS NOT MADE FOR THAT YEAR/MAKE/MODEL !.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.