Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a new 2008 trx 450er and it runs amazing but sometimes when i stab the throttle quickly it will die. Is this a problem or just a fact of the engine still being broke in.(im on the second tank of gas).

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Could be that or the jetting is off because they have to put it reaaallly lean from factory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
u should still have a warrenty on that bike if so i would just go ahead and bring it ti the dealer ship and not even try to mess with it

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The machine is jetted for seal level, If you get it jetted correctly you will lose the top end bog. If you roll into full throttle it does fine, it is when you mash the gas wide open, correct?

·
Registered
129 Posts
That happens to my 400 too when it's not at running temp. I usually let it warm up for some time and then start off easy and then I can punch it and go. Could also be that the jetting is off.

·
Registered
347 Posts
u should still have a warrenty on that bike if so i would just go ahead and bring it ti the dealer ship and not even try to mess with it
Then you would piss all the people at the shop off and when you buy another ATV they treat you bad. or you could just buy a 40 dollar jet kit and be done with it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If it has a warranty call them up and tell them your concerns and they should be able to tell you what to do.
EXACTLY:icon_ rocker:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Then you would piss all the people at the shop off and when you buy another ATV they treat you bad. or you could just buy a 40 dollar jet kit and be done with it.
If the dealer gets upset because you are concerned about your investment, then never go back!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I agree, the dealership does not lose anything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yess true srry but most dealer ships the dont tell over the phone they want u to bring it there and let them charge u out ur ass ....but i agree with country boy

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
It doesn't matter, jetting is not covered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts