Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got 2 new 420 powersteering atv's and loving them. Using for family recreation with wife and 2 kids (4 and 2). My question is what needs to be done to winterize the atv's. I am storing in an outdoor shelter and will take the batteries out, putting stabilizer in the fuel tank. I have about 70 km on the machines and was planning on doing an oil change next spring after the machines have sat. Is this all that needs doing? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yes, you want to put some fuel stabilizer in it. Pull the battery. That is all I can think of for now. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Welcome to the site

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Agree with the stabilizer but if it were me I woouldn't disconnect anything, I would go out once a week and start them up and let them run for 30 min or so maybe ride them around the yard so the clutches don't dry out or even jack them up and let them run in gear on jackstands. bundling up and running out to the shed once a week won't hurt you besides you might want to do some snow riding.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Great advise

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the once a week rides unfortunately I am story at my sisters that is an hour away. I will try to get out a least once a month for some snow riding but am pretty sure if I am only riding once a month I should pull the battery, agree?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Fuel stabilizer would do it good. Take em out and ride them once in awhile though....thats your best bet.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Welcome to the forums BTW!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts