Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tmade itn1 mile and there was smoke from the engine kinda and it was under the back also. High temp light came on with fan and engine felt really hot also when I killed it and let the fan run to try and help. There was 0.3 miles on it when I started driving. Any idea what it could be? It runs 5 mins into a ride and the high temperature light comes on

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oil pump/quantity good. Liquid cooled, so how is the coolant level and water pump. If those are all good, check the air intake and exhaust for blockage. You could have timing problems if those all check out. I take it you checked that it is rolling good in neutral?

·
Registered
342 Posts
What does the dealer have to say?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rolling good in neutral. Machine is brand spanking new. But it was smoking by the muffler and when I drove it for a mile. It's a 2018 that sat in a honda dealer storage for 3 yrs with only 2 hrs run time including the run time I had on it.. overheating from lines clogged somehow? The dealer told me not to drive it and bring it back.

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Bring it back and get another. Could be oil filter was installed backwards, oil gunked up from sitting, pump cavitation, mice in the muffler who knows—begs the question why was it sitting for three years in the shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasnt the new burning oil off the pipe smell it was stronger like plastic and the smoke was smoldering underneath by the muffler also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I just had a 2021 honda rubicon. I wanted the new recon hence the new rubicon I got so i asked if they can trade and that's what I got. Smh brand new machine for something that was sitting for 3 years and cant even run. Yea I feel like I got ripped off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check it this morning to see any visible leaks on the wheeler and cement and didnt notice anything. But the coolant level went from being just below full to almost completely empty from just sitting overnight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts