Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I'm also 6'2". I ride a 450 though. I had the same problem with my 450, I was too tall. I put a Houser +2 steering stem, that made all the difference in the world.

I don't really want to add a stem to the bike. I think I'm going to add a Rox Riser with a 1/18 clamp, with some High bend fat bars. Hopefully this with bring the height up so I can stand to ride.
I have a set that I used before I bought my stem. PM me your address and you can have them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm also 6'2". I ride a 450 though. I had the same problem with my 450, I was too tall. I put a Houser +2 steering stem, that made all the difference in the world.

I don't really want to add a stem to the bike. I think I'm going to add a Rox Riser with a 1/18 clamp, with some High bend fat bars. Hopefully this with bring the height up so I can stand to ride.
I have a set that I used before I bought my stem. PM me your address and you can have them
Sorry Red I have been away for the past few days on some work. I appreciate the offer but now I'm thinking I'm just going to install the Stem. Is there much work to that?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
On mine(450), other than taking the plastics off it was a 20 minute job...

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Oh yeah, I recommend the Houser+2 if you want a lot taller. That is what I have... VERY COMFY

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just checked into it Houser only offers a +1 Stem for the 700xx. Then the fat bar adapters add another 1/4 inch rise. Will the cables needed to be changed for this application or are the stock ones long enough?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
sorry guys, i like this forum and all you guys for you advice. Had a party a while back and some drunk idiot got on my laptop. Didnt' mean to offend anyone. Hope i can make things right again

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I have cleaned up this thread, I understand what drunk "friends" can do. Let us move on like nothing happen.

Welcome back!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
10 Participants
Redracer
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing