Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I liked about it. No ES and its 4wd . Are there common problems to be aware of with these models. I'm new to utility quads

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a buddy who lives real close to SC. I would have him pick it up and hold it for me for a while If I did buy it. I'm just looking around looking for the best buy.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since they are 4wd all the time does that make it harder to turn? Also do they have a bad turning radius?

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Since they are 4wd all the time does that make it harder to turn? Also do they have a bad turning radius?
Yes, the full time 4wd's are a PITA to turn, and the turning radius isn't great.

That said, swap in a 424 and you've got selectable 4wd. On a 450 you can also swap on a selectable OEM front diff from a 2002-2004 model, wire the diff to a toggle switch, and do it that way.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Agree with the info above and if your buddy is handy and knows anything about ATVs, I would get him over there and take a look at the unit. In terms of shipping over, I suspect if patience you can find on USHIPP guys trucking from SC to MO (ST Louis) area always wanting to toss on a small load for a reasonable price to ship.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree with the info above and if your buddy is handy and knows anything about ATVs, I would get him over there and take a look at the unit. In terms of shipping over, I suspect if patience you can find on USHIPP guys trucking from SC to MO (ST Louis) area always wanting to toss on a small load for a reasonable price to ship.
Oh sweet. Thanks guys!

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
450’s are a good machine, I keep looking but they cost a fortune here! 420 ranchers are nearly in the same price league. Crazy what the older machines fetch here!
It would be a good buy though without a doubt, providing it’s in good condition.

Reactions: XplicitRacing6

· Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Looks great for a yellow machine, that exhaust isn't stock, and if my eyes aren't messing with me, it looks to have a 424 fender switch knob (left fender) ? Or am i THAT dang worn out :|

Reactions: XplicitRacing6

· Premium Member
5,683 Posts
They are great machines I have a 99 in my shop garage everyone likes to ride it. I pushed a bunch of snow with it yesterday here it is
I’d like to get one of those next

Attachments

· Registered
155 Posts
Looks great for a yellow machine, that exhaust isn't stock, and if my eyes aren't messing with me, it looks to have a 424 fender switch knob (left fender) ? Or am i THAT dang worn out :|
I think you're right... looks like the 424 disconnect plunger on the left side of the rack and does appear to have an aftermarket exhaust... SHARP EYE!!!

· Premium Member
12,712 Posts
That's what I thought when I saw it. I'm not a huge fan of the color. What do you mean @fishfiles by saying there is a kick out available for that year?
450's up to 2001 were 4x4 all the time , the 4x2 kickout is put in place of the front drive shaft , there is a cable coming off of it , the cable can be pulled and it disconnects the driveshaft and makes it pull in 2wd , makes steering easier

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are great machines I have a 99 in my shop garage everyone likes to ride it. I pushed a bunch of snow with it yesterday here it is
I’d like to get one of those next
That's one clean bike! I love that color green. Is that the stock color it came with?

Reactions: Goober

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's what I thought when I saw it. I'm not a huge fan of the color. What do you mean @fishfiles by saying there is a kick out available for that year?
450's up to 2001 were 4x4 all the time , the 4x2 kickout is put in place of the front drive shaft , there is a cable coming off of it , the cable can be pulled and it disconnects the driveshaft and makes it pull in 2wd , makes steering easier
Oh ok thats sweet. Thanks for explaining, new to this stuff

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.