Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time posting and new to the forum.

I just received a free Honda Fourtrax 300, i believe its a early 90's. The sticker on the frame is damaged, but from the sticker on the tank that reads Fourtrax in big letters and Honda below it seems these are early 90's.

So the wiring in the battery box is hacked up. Can anyone send me a detailed picture of their wiring so i can try and get this thing to run?

Thanks, Michael.

[email protected]

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
welcome to the forums. down load the service manual from our site, have a look at the schematics in there, it should show and tell :).

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Dont forget to let us know how you get on with the fix, and an all important photo, we like pics :)

Reactions: _Wilson_

· Premium Member
2,746 Posts
my serial number is stamped on the front frame, center. 2000es.. the manual will show you your atv's location. welcome

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fixed the wiring today.

I hooked my jumper pack to it poured some fuel in the cylinder hit the start button and it ran for a few seconds.
I need to clean the carb and flush the tank.

This Fourtrax was a freebie, it had been sitting in a barn on a dairy farm in Northern California where i live for many years.
The guy i got it from said it stopped running and some of the guys on the farm hacked up the wiring.

It needs some TLC, it needs air box cover, air filter cage, seat mounting bracket, the lower steering shaft bearing is shot. Needs tires, seat cover. Will be a good project.

I cant read the Vin numbers/letters off the lower frame. I hit it with a wire brush but the metal seems to be pitted and i cant make it out. But i think its a 92.

Attachments

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
i've taken on worse projects bro !..lol. anything is posb with enough time and cash !..lol. my '89 trx350D foreman was a freebie back in the day, was a total basket case, ripped her all apart, top to bottom, front to back, rebuilt her all back up, she still runs today !.

· Premium Member
2,746 Posts
my numbers are bout 7 inches back from front bumper. maybe naval jelly will pull the numbers up. dont forget to get it off, when you are done, has an acid base or something.

· Registered
356 Posts
Congrats on the new rig! The 300's command top dollar around here, especially the 4x4 model. One of the mechanics at the shop I work at tells me that many of the farmers in the area call all ATV's "Honda's", regardless of the brand. In large part due to the popularity of the 300.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Thanks for the help. Any inexpensive tires you guys recommend? Some good all around tires, stock sizes.
asking which tire is best/good around here ?..is like asking the local bank to hand over their money !..lmfao. as for me ?, I love the ITP mudlite AT's, great all around tire for my needs. 6-ply, not to aggressive , not to under aggressive.

Reactions: _Wilson_

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
discount tire sells them, get all 4 for around 200 bucks ( give or take ).

· Premium Member
4,700 Posts
asking which tire is best/good around here ?..is like asking the local bank to hand over their money !
Been some GOOD discussions for sure ......

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
asking which tire is best/good around here ?..is like asking the local bank to hand over their money !
Been some GOOD discussions for sure ......
i've learned to just say what I LIKE !..LOL. winches, tires, oil, are topics that I tend to not get deep in around here, I just say what I like/use, and leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.