Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what the best things for me to do to get the best performance out of my 03 300ex. i just bought it and i was told it was bored has a stroker piston performance racing clutch after market sprokets n chain. i know it has after market exhaust but not sure bout everything else. the guy raced it so i assume it has something done. whats the best way for me to get peak proformance?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well if it is poked and stroked the major work is done. Really sounds like a fast 300. You could do a cam with a port and polish. I would probably play around with the sprockets and tire size to get the right combo. I would also focus on the suspension.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it has a new sproket set,dynojet stage 2 jet kit. Performance reeds and clutch. I was thinking bout changing tire size but what would be the best way to go(size wise)?? It still has stock supension and tire size right now.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reeds? I have 20" and 22" rears I change around. Taller tires = more speed, smaller tires = less speed and more off the line. I lke my 20" but if ya ride rocky trails you will want a good swing arm skid plate. Suspension will make a good quad. For the front there are dimond j relocator brackets on ebay. It will let you run 400ex or 450r front shocks, much better then stock 300ex. On the rear you can swap out stock for a 01 (only 01) raptor 660 rear shock. However the raptor shock will have to have the rez hose made longer to find a good spot on the frame to mount it 16" hose. Or you could use a banshee rear shock but the air box will have to a little reshaped.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
If that guy raced on stock suspension then I think I would take what he said about the internals with a grain of salt. any way I agree with jgar those mods should atleast get you riding smoother.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
:icon_ worthless::icon_ worthless::icon_ worthless::icon_ worthless:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok gues well thanks for the help. that dude did race on stock suspension...and had the tires WAY over filled lol....he rolled it while racing and all the back plastics are missing. i got some new ones ordered. I will post pics after i get it looking good again! lol right now...its a mess ha ha. you guys have been great help thanks again!

-heather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts