Honda ATV Forum banner

need maintenance info for 2001 trx 350fm rancher

19K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  2005DodgeCTD 
#1 ·
Me and my son are new to the atv world and we are about to do an oil change on his 4 wheeler and was wondering what oil and oil filter to use. also where is the oil filter and crankcase capacity. would also like to know how can i tell if the rear and front axle need gear oil? Took the plugs out and none was at the top as would be in a car. Thanks guys for the great site!

#2 ·
The crankcase oil capacity is 2.1 US quarts with filter change.

The oil filter is located on the right side of the engine, toward the front, under a round cover that has 3 bolts holding it on. Be sure you don't put the filter in backwards or it will block the oil flow to your engine and damage the engine.

Below is instructions for the rear diff and front diff.

#3 ·
any oil that is made for wet clutches..i get mine from a honda dealer, as for the oil filter..i get that from them also, the oil filter is behind a round cover..normally has 3 or 4.. 8mm bolt heads holding it on..make sure you do not put the oil filter in backwards ( i've seen it done )..it will ruin your day if you do !..as for the front and rear differental's..they have a fill cap..a drain plug..and a sorta sight plug..it's about half way up the case..take it out..fill the differental up with 80w oil ( make sure you have the drain bolt in )..as you fill the case up..once it starts to run out of this sight plug..then it's full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.