Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2005 Honda Rancher 350 It sat up for a while, I cleaned the gas tank, selector valve, fuel lines and carbuerator. It will only run when the choke is pulled out. When I push the choke in, it stalls. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Still junk in the carb.Or a dirty air filter.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, you must have missed something when you cleaned the carb.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Where do you live? Is it really cold? When the weather gets cold the air becomes more dense, you there for need to rejet for colder weather. When you turn the choke on you are adding more fuel than normal, this could be enough added fuel to compensate for denser air. When you turn the choke off you are starving it of fuel... just my guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was about 70 degrees today i let it run for awhile and still stalled,not sure if im screwing the choke cable back incorrect,have to push down on it while threading it in

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
your slow jet is stoped up,or your main jet needle is not set right on the carb piston, look to see if the c-clip is in the middle slot.....start with your slow jet..check to make sure you got all the gummed up gas out of that..won't hurt to go back through the whole carb with some carb spray cleaner..make sure you take the o-ring off from the intake side of the carb..or it will swell up on you from the carb cleaner,after you cleaned out the inside of your jets..blow them out with some compressed air..and see if you can see through the center hole..if you can't..then it's still got stuff inside it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
welcome to the forum on carbs i found it helpful to use pipe cleaner sticks to clean out jets and little holes keep us informed :wacko:

·
Registered
3 Posts
kING sTUPID NEEDS to ask a question about gummy gas, cold hearted b**tch and also a Honda 250 Recon. i'M new at this so easy shots are open for a day or two i spose. anywho have a 4 wheeler that is in mint condition with less that 20 hours on it and it won;t start. I take the spark plug to check for spark, good an bright....dumped the old gas, drained the bowl letting it pout overnight until the bowl was full and fat assed tried to turn it over and nothin. So got the bright idea of taking off the breather screen and put a little89 octane move juice in the tank and my god, fired right up, no issues. B ut as soon as the little sip burned, NO MORE NICE GUY. I refuse to spoon feed a 4 year old inanimate object to get it to play with me. If any would offer support, info, plain smartz and or advice, I'd be happy to see if a guitar or amp needs some pacifying for ya. Movin soon so want to know if it's sailing to florida with us or playing dodge hook at the local yard. Give a shout, look forward to get this banshee running. Thanks a ton whodeewho!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
kING sTUPID NEEDS to ask a question about gummy gas, cold hearted b**tch and also a Honda 250 Recon. i'M new at this so easy shots are open for a day or two i spose. anywho have a 4 wheeler that is in mint condition with less that 20 hours on it and it won;t start. I take the spark plug to check for spark, good an bright....dumped the old gas, drained the bowl letting it pout overnight until the bowl was full and fat assed tried to turn it over and nothin. So got the bright idea of taking off the breather screen and put a little89 octane move juice in the tank and my god, fired right up, no issues. B ut as soon as the little sip burned, NO MORE NICE GUY. I refuse to spoon feed a 4 year old inanimate object to get it to play with me. If any would offer support, info, plain smartz and or advice, I'd be happy to see if a guitar or amp needs some pacifying for ya. Movin soon so want to know if it's sailing to florida with us or playing dodge hook at the local yard. Give a shout, look forward to get this banshee running. Thanks a ton whodeewho!
Welcome to the forums. Carb needs to be taken off and cleaned good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Carb needs to be taken off and cleaned good.
Thanks for the tips....off to the moon, back in a trip or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
could anyone tell me what is supposed to keep shifter linkage from jumping off pin collar on a 86 honda 250 trx fourtrax? no thrust washer,no tapered shaft to sde cover bushing?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts