Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trx 250 ex. When i shift it into gear is sifts but then when i press the gass it does not want to move whats wrong??????

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
What does it do? Just rev?

Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If you put it in every gear, does it do the same or just in first?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I'm thinking what ever turns the shaft to turn the back wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it does the same in every gear like as if its still in neutral but its not cuz i can feal the shift. i thought it might have benn the clutch but idk.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
It could very well be the clutch. There are some members on here that are REALLY good at narrowing down the issue. Be patient, they will have more ideas than me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 4 ya help.
If u kno n e body that might kno tell them to message their ideas 2 me.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
2 things.... First what type of oil are you using when you change your oil? Second.... if you jack up the rear of the quad and properly support it, start it up put it in gear will the rear wheels move then? if so that would be no load and your clutches are either out of adjustment or burt up. if it dosen't move then you may have either sheered an input shaft or broken the drive shaft u-joint.... Did this happen all of a sudden? and what were you doing when it happened?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it happend all of a sudden i was rideing and i felt it starting to slip and my gasket wasnt in eather but then i shifted and then it just coasted and never moved since

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Gasket? Explain this one? also you never answered what type of oil you are using..

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
automotive oil!!??? if so there is your problem. These engine and trannys are combined and require a molly free oil for the clutches. conventional motor oil will deteriorate the clutch fibers. I going to say you toasted your clutches.

Good news is that you can get new ones for not that many georges.

castrol 530

1 - 14 of 14 Posts