Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I’m brand new to the forums and I need advise. I have a 2012 Rancher 420 ES I brought it up to Georgia to ride and I left it sitting for a 3 months. She had a hard time starting but she cranked and idled for awhile. Once she cranked I couldn’t shift into gear it was stuck in first gear also if you give it a little bit of throttle she chokes out and dies .Also I have a code 18. I checked for chewed wires and found nothing of the sort. I figured maybe it was a stuck clutch or something so I put some sea foam into the tank. Nothing. I changed the spark plug and sprayed the throttle body butterfly valve and now it won’t crank over.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd pull the spark plug, make sure your battery is charged up good and try cranking without the spark plug installed. with all the seafoam you sprayed in the carburetor the engine might be hydrolocked. crank for a while (10 seconds) without the sparkplug to dry out the cylinder a bit. Not sure about it not shifting. I suspect it needs to be moving to get it to shift up the gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts