Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 Honda rancher 350/trx350fm
my atv rear wheel drive IS not working I only have front wheel drive and my atv 4x4 all the time. I took Every thing apart and when I spin the Axel when ever thing is toghather it dosnt catch the teeth on finaldrive it makes a sound like it's skipping off theeth pls help I want it fixed

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, you'll have to take it apart. Could be driveshaft splines or axle spines or ring gear and pinion stripped. No way to tell without tearing into it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
agree^^^^^^!!

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
agreed..your pinion or ring gear..or drive shaft yoke is stripped..it's tear down time..easy way to tell if your ring and pinion is fried..is to get the bike up off the floor..all 4 wheels...spin the back wheels by hand slowly..get right next to the rear differental..more than likely yu'll hear a loud clunking noise..anyway..to answer your question..your rear differental needs to be tore down..oh..when you tear it down..do not lose the ring gear spacers..there is one on each side of the ring gear..these are very important when you re-assemble it...i can almost bet your ring gear..or pinion gear..or carrier bearing are history..on or the other..if not all of the above...also..if the carrier bearing is history..have fun getting that out..they can be a pain...last but not least..all your differental bearings might be shot..you wont know until you tear into it..good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts