Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 04 honda rincon 650. Front brakes dont work at all. Took drum off and adjust them. Work fine for a few then they have quit again. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
When you pull the brake lever does it bottom out or not move?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
AIR. I'm assuming they are hydraulic??? If so just remove your brake fluid reservior cover and loosen the bleeder screw up. do not touch the levers or pedals just let it sit there for about 5 or 10 minutes make sure you keep the reservoir full. Let the fluid bleed out the air by way of gravity then tighten the bleeder up top off the fluid and put the lid back on and give her a try. let us know

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Also it wasn't wet with fluid inside your drums was it?? if so you may have a wheel cylinder leaking?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had that prob did you check to see up there where your brake is on the right to see if you had some oil in the oil tray deal, mine ran slap out and they dont work but bout 50% now since i ran all the oil out of them

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea there is no leaks and resivor was full. Will try the bleeding trick and let yall know. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got to work on them and notice that my rear rotor is wobbling. Is there suppose to be springs in there or sumthing to keep it tight ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
im sure there is a bolt that should keep it sitting straight where the pad wont rub.... but im not to sure about that, i havent messed with my back yet, lol, they still working

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok let them bleed for a while plus rejusted them and same thing happened again. Worked for a few min then faded away again

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I think there are 4 bolts that hold the rotor in place and 2 that hold the caliper on

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I dont think the rotors are they are directly bolted to the axle. if your brakes are fading away you might want to check the master cylinder it may be leaking by enough to allow air to get into the system clean everything up real good and dry and double check all your line, proportional valve banjo fittings wheel cylinders ect you have got to have a leak somewhere. that is the only way your brakes fade away. they work on the same principal as a car. the system is bled the same way and it retains a tight seal the same way. I can almost gaurantee you have a minute leak somewhere. Also under the banjo fittings on the calipers you might want to look at the brass washers they tend to crush or wera over time brake fluid is very caustic and will eat anything over time. Bleed screws check them too

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I mis quoted sorry I said in the frst sentence that I don't think the rotors are directly bolted to the axle I meant they ARE. sorry about that.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Anytime Bro. another tale tell sign of a leak is if you pull the lever in and hold tension on it , if there is a leak present your lever will fade away and get closer to your bars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts