Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 87 250x

i was riding it about...6-7 years ago and i put it in reverse and i heard a loud pop and then i heard a bunch of bearings fall and now i have this.
theres a crack just on the outside of the singarm like something broke in between the swingarm and axle but i dont know what the part is

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Looks like the outside edge of the bearing carrier, is there a groove on the broken part, thats were a big snap ring goes if that is what i am looking at you are going to need a complete new bearing carrier the bearings that fell out were your akle bearings, if you lift the rear end up can you wobble the axle around?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I would say the bearing carrier broke at the snap ring, like 69 said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does the carrier have a black plastic/rubber piece inside? it felt and looks more like rubber but it could be soft plastic and yes i could wiggle it a little and yes it does look like a ring of some sort. the ring has a .5-1in opening on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to Bikebandit.com, and follow the tabs to your quad, It will have diagrams of everything in your quad and names below it so you know what to order and how it is SUPPOSED to look like when you are putting it back together again

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Yep your carrier is toasted... you can pick-up a new carrier for about 120.00 off ebay no prob. also the 300EX carrier is the same if you can't locate one for the 250X

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
yup..your carrier is gone !!.it went to honda heaven..lol.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
yup..your carrier is gone !!.it went to honda heaven..lol.

LMAO ^^^ I have a few parts there. I sure hope they are doing good?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts