Honda ATV Forum banner

Need help finding model type

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  5thcorps 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Honda Rancher 350 ES, I need to find a replacement front brake cylinder. Only problem is that the one I got is not the right one. On the from frame it says TRX350TE. And the models it has is TE2, TE4 and A.

#4 ·
vin number is stamped on the metal plate welded under, and behind front bumper. does not matter at this point..is your atv 2wd or 4wd ?. if its 2wd ?, now you need to know if its manual shift ?, or electric shift ?. 2wd electric shifts will show up at partzilla as 2004 trx350TE, this means its a 2wd electric shift. if you have a 2004 trx350FE ?, then this means you are looking for the model 2004 ttrx350FE, this means its a 2004 trX350 four wheel drive, electric shift. if you have a 2004 trx350FM ?, then this means you have 2004 TRX350 four wheel drive, manual shift model. this info is in a sticky on this site..all you had to do was search...and read !..lol.

#10 ·
TE is two wheel electric shift
TM is two wheel drive foot shift
FE is 4WD E
FM is 4WD foot

The service manual will show you where to find the VIN
FE2 and FE were probably built at separate facilities or a second run. You see the VIN are same except for one digit? You’re going to need the VIN to know for sure, but know that the FE2 and FE parts should interchange. Check the part numbers for both to be sure—

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.