Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 11 420 at irs it is having shifting problems it well shift fiNE threw 1st and 2nd and into r but as soon as it shifts into 3rd it gives me a - sign and won't shift to no more I can turn the key off and it well shift back to 2nd it does this in auto and es I put a new angle sensor and shift motor on and it has a new wiring harness can some won't tell me what's going on bf I bring it to a shop I'm thinking it's the speed senso but don't want to change it and it not be it is there a way I can test it any help well be appreciated

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got a 11 420 at irs it is having shifting problems it well shift fiNE threw 1st and 2nd and into r but as soon as it shifts into 3rd it gives me a - sign and won't shift to no more I can turn the key off and it well shift back to 2nd it does this in auto and es I put a new angle sensor and shift motor on and it has a new wiring harness can some won't tell me what's going on bf I bring it to a shop I'm thinking it's the speed senso but don't want to change it and it not be it is there a way I can test it any help well be appreciated
I know from experience, LOL, these units are very sensitive to low battery, so is it fully charged? With a volt meter, you might try checking the battery as well and get make sure the charging system is working properly.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hi: Check the Shift Drum Position Switch for continuity -- unplug the connector and check each gear for continuity to ground -- using the shift tool to shift it through the gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts