Honda ATV Forum banner

Need help 1986 TRX 125 Honda

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Saber6 
#1 ·
Got a 1986 honda trx125, was smoking when it ran so got new rings, piston ,and all new gaskets put everything in. Put back to together had everything on TDC. Thought I was doing good so tryed to start it, will not start got spark got gas, checked everything new plug old plug, tore motor down four times just to double check everthing and still will not start, checked valves they are good. need info please!!! If anyone knows if im doing something or missing something to check Please let me know. Thanks

#2 ·
I know you said you had it a TDC but that was the piston you can have that right but the cam be off check your camgear settings too.

#4 ·
Then you should start. if you got fire and you got fuel all timing is correct then you should start.
I can't remember if that has reverse or not if it does check to see if it is in reverse, or bypass the reverse switch. just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.