Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys need help drastically here....

I read online that if I weld the gears in my front diff that it will become a locker.

So I did, but now it wont move!!!!!! Ive welded em up just like they said. Now in 4x4 it wont move and in 2wd all it does is skid the front tires!!!! GRRRR spring is coming and I really really need to get this fixed!!!!!

Ive attached a picture to show you what I am talking about.......

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK, So frustrated, took me all damn day to tear this thing apart and put it back together just for it not to move!!! GRRRRRR I have a big ride planned in less then a month and I really really need to have a front diff locker for it!!!!!

I need this fixed ASAP!!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You welded it on the wrong side.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Weld the ring gear to the pinion gear? I don't see how that could ever move? I've welded many a spider gear in my day but never the pinion to the ring gear.that wolu lock it down where it won't move at all.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its all put back together....... Really dont want to have to take it apart...... Took me all damn day to get this thing done......... They told me to weld the 2 gears together and it would be a full locker diff... Thats what I needed so I did it! Man I really need to get this fixed! Spring is on its way up here and have a big ride planned in less then a month!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK so now they have finally responded over there and they have told me to take the rear apart and do the same thing and it will fix the problem....... Its 10:30 pm here so im gonna go out into the shop and tear the rear apart and weld the rear diff up and that will fix my problem! YAY!!! Ill report back. Should take me a couple hours. Wish me luck!!!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
??? Where you getting the info from? The rear end is straight axle.there is nothing to weld there to lock it up!!! Its already locked!!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Trips just remember to full bead weld. None of that tacking bs. Tack welds will brake under stress.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts