Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, haven't been on the forum for a long time and am looking for some advice.I have a 2008 Rancher TRX420FM with a a plow that I use on my small driveway (approx 300 Hours on it)I also have a like new 2012 Rancher TRX420FPA (approx 30 hours on it)We thought we would be doing some trail riding but it never happened because the wife has a bad back.My question is which one should I sell and any ideas what these machines might be worth.I think the plow from the 2008 will fit on the 2012.Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Here in the UK your 2008 would be around £3000 and your 2012 around £4000, that's in good working order with minimal scratches/wear & tear.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
sell the FPA, keep the trx420fm. as for price ?, all depends on what the buyer wants to offer if you ask me ?. a fair price for the FPA would be somewhere around 3k to 4,500 around here. ( keep in mind, there are stupid sellers that ask retail price for their atvs..lol ).

Reactions: Goober

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
the plow will work on any atv, you just need to get maybe a different mount, and I agree I would keep the newer one?

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Location plays a big part in value. Where are you located?

If it were me, for plowing I would keep the FM. Geared lower, simpler machine, less chance of an electrical gremlin.

My 420AT has something like 14 electrical plugs on the motor. Sooner or later I'll be dealing with electrical problems as the machine ages, but the wife wanted an auto so I got it for her to ride.

Keep the footshift. It will be much less problematic to keep running over time, and will be much better for plowing as well due to the difference in gearing.

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
NADA here for 12 FPAC is $4000 (low) to $5000 (average). Goodies like skid plates guards packs and boxes sweeten the deal. Sounds like you two aren't going to ride together anymore sorry to here that.
My wife just booked a three day weekend for us at an off road camp she must want to take out her CanAm and get some mud on the Chili Pepper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts