Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 87 250x with stock rear shock that i think is junk when I ramp it bottoms out so bad that I bent the chain roller on my quad and it just seems like it squats alot when I got on. Does any one know a way tell if for sure it it bad and if you have any reccomendations for a cheap shock or where to find one. (buy one from any of you ?????)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
the 01 raptor 660 rear shock works but I've been told they blow out easy.And if thats the stock shock it's in upside down.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i have never messed with mine ever but a 660 shock will just bolt right up?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Thats what I'm told.LOL.I must Have mine in upside down then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well my right front shock went bad and after it went bad it always looked wet but if u need one i got one

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea that shock in the pic is in the correct way,if it's adjustable you'll see a couple slotted nuts at the top of the shock, you can adjust them by using a screwdriver and hitting it with a hammer or use an adjustment tool

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
16 Posts
idk man,i didn't hear any clanking or banging upon landing, you may be trying to get alot outa nothin with those stock shocks,maybe try gassing it right before you land ,although i am defiantly not an expert on landing..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts