Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1999 TRX300FWC I think . Anyway, there is a blockage in the hose that has the 'tee' in it that goes to both wheels. I need to replace it. I cannot find the part anywhere and I bet it's very expensive. The machine was purchased from someone and the lines were kind of dry but seem to have rust and all kinds of S*** in them. ANyway, I got one side clear, but there is no way to close off the hose to force air or any cleaner in it and I cannot get it to open up completely. Anyone have a lead on where to find this part or advice on how to force it clear??

Amazing how much damage is done from absolute lack of maintenance. The fluid that came out was RED with rust.

Can someone help me with interchangeability of parts?

I need: 45127-HM5-A81

Premium Member
You could to try to shove a bolt in the other end, and then pressurize it. or stick the air wand in the end that is blocked.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could to try to shove a bolt in the other end, and then pressurize it. or stick the air wand in the end that is blocked.
it鈥檚 nearly impossible to get anything in this part of the hose because it鈥檚 a 鈥渢ee鈥. There is a tee fitting on one end and banjos fittings on the other. I managed to get a thin cable through the banjo part and it slid in alright until it got near the tee. It got tough there. Theline is more open but nothing like the other side. If you put compressed at in the tee, one banjo pours our the air and on the other it just kind of barely hisses out. So there is still a blockage or the hose I collapsed at that spot. I really don鈥檛 know. It鈥檚 had nearly a full can of carb cleaner and 120psi of compressed air and thefluid barely trickles out that one side.
I can try the weed eater like but I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 going to go into the end with the banjo.

Premium Member
Well, you could take a bolt with a large washer on either side of the banjo fitting, and tighten with a nut, this should make it air tight. Then try.

Super Moderator
welding wire for mig welders come to mind.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanks to John Pearce a s saving old guitar strings, I found the blockage to be in the left part of the tee. I couldn鈥檛 get the wire to go through the tee from one side which seemed wierd. So, I went through the other and it in fact went through the tee and stops. I just pushed it against the blockage for a minute or so with carburetor cleaner and it finally pushed through. I ran the wire through a few times and blew air through and it seemed to be clear now. We鈥檒l see. I didn鈥檛 see what it was but whatever it was it came out at 100psi. It was probably the hard grainy crap that was in the master cylinder. Hopefully that stuff isn鈥檛 inside the master cylinder but the handle pumps fine. Probably going to leave it alone and begin reassembly.

Registered
Find a shop that builds hydraulic lines they came make what ever you need. If the fittings bad they likely will have one to replace it, T's are common.

Registered
I have a 1999 TRX300FWC I think . Anyway, there is a blockage in the hose that has the 'tee' in it that goes to both wheels. I need to replace it. I cannot find the part anywhere and I bet it's very expensive. The machine was purchased from someone and the lines were kind of dry but seem to have rust and all kinds of S*** in them. ANyway, I got one side clear, but there is no way to close off the hose to force air or any cleaner in it and I cannot get it to open up completely. Anyone have a lead on where to find this part or advice on how to force it clear??

Amazing how much damage is done from absolute lack of maintenance. The fluid that came out was RED with rust.

Registered
take the part with you to any motorsports store and look at the honda foreman 1997 to 2004 it should be the same. That is what I have found. Those parts were not changed to much. Don't go by part numbers on a machine that old and expect them to be current anymore. There is always a cross reference to them

Registered

i got 7 or 8 trx 300s parted email part number or pick .tks Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts