Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Lol, I started watching the race on my dvr. Until like lap 30 when I seen the 10 car of Danika, followed by Kenseth in the 20 car. Then I read the ticker on bottom of screen, about the weather delay. I logged on to Nascar.com and seen all the snow picture's! We had snow one year at Bristol during a March race. But it was nothing like today at Martinsville. That was also the last March race at Bristol, as the following year they moved the race to April. Now it just rains there most of the race weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm just now watching the ticketguardian 500 @ Phoenix lol , i know i know..... I'm too far behind,>>>>>I don't worry about spoiler alerts<<<<< .... @M_Quick do you have the option to add run over recording time ? say like 30 , or 60 minutes past the forecasted race end ? I do on my end, i take the 30 minute option, and I've still missed seeng the full race on many occasions.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
@M_Quick do you have the option to add run over recording time ? say like 30 , or 60 minutes past the forecasted race end ? I do on my end, i take the 30 minute option, and I've still missed seeng the full race on many occasions.
Yes, and I have mine set up for a extra 60 mins. But still in cases like yesterday, that won't cover it. Today I have my dvr set from 11am to 7pm. I hope that will cover both races.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Did anyone else watch the Martinsville dbl header, and notice the lenght of caution laps? Under a normal yellow there was like 5 laps of caution. Under the 2 planed stage cautions, for both the cars and trucks they were like 12 laps each!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Thx @M_Quick , i went back and recorded the Monday showing n OP for an hour extension , I'm going to try to watch them both tonight.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You mean have another running of that post race ? I think they have in the past when races , haven't reached a certain number of laps ? The postponed races ive seen in the past usually run the next available day, i've heard larry mcreynolds call them shoot outs, but.... I think NASCAR has changed some rules on how they go about doing those this day in time, I bet @M_Quick would know how they achieve this nowa days..... He knows a lot about NASCAR , much more then i do......lol

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
So what happens when a race gets postponed ? Did they ever run or have a date for the one that was postponed ?
Well last week both the trucks and cup car races were post poned. The Sat. truck race ran around 27 laps then got rained delayed. So on Monday they restarted race at lap 28. The cup cars ran complete race on Monday, as Sunday was a total wash. They used to say if race got to half way it was official. Now they say the end of the second stage, if weather moves in its official. In the past they have had to reschedule races later in the year, but that's rare.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
So what I was really asking is , did they run the big race that was missed last weekend yet , is it going to be rescheduled , or is it a wash out

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
So what I was really asking is , did they run the big race that was missed last weekend yet , is it going to be rescheduled , or is it a wash out
Yeah they ran after the trucks on monday, around 2pm. I won't post who won, but it had been 180 races since there last win!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Did you end up buying the hood?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
yeah , look at the pic of the tag on back of the hood , it said , NASCAR 1 of 1 set ,the guy that bought it just left here , he actually didn't have to come up with money to get it , he is going to do a plumbing job for the guy tomorrow and take $60 off the bill

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Leaving Thursday for Bristol race. Just found out they had a rule change, and only let you carry in a clear bag, of coarse cooler and seat cushions. I need to know where's a good place to pickup a clear backpack for my camera and race scanner. I can't believe there gonna make me put my $500 camera and $150 scanner in a Fing clear bag. Well maybe I can just put scanner and camera case inside the clear bag? Rules say all carry in bags have to be clear, don't say everything in the bag needs to be clear? Idk anyway Walmart is only place I can think to look for a clear backpack.

21 - 40 of 195 Posts