Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone I found the cause of the sudden oil consumption/engine seizure of my Kohler engine. I just replaced the engine with a Briggs a few minutes ago. While carrying the old engine to the junk pile I saw it! The crankcase vent tube is missing. It connects the rocker cover to the carb intake. Dirt has be sucking in a nickel sized hole straight to the intake! @#%&[email protected]#......I don't cuss! LOL Oh well, that's the way life goes sometimes. That's why it went from a few ounces of oil consumption after a few hours to 32 ounces in the same time. Oh yeh, for future reference , the Briggs replacement was plug and play.....that simple.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeep, Fish is probably correct that it just deteriorated and fell off. It is kind of a cheap design. It pushes into a hole on the rocker cover and carb intake. There is not a nipple of any kind. You would think that the designers would have made a nipple on such an important piece like this.

·
Premium Member
12,342 Posts
The rubber is very thin and oil seems to have an effect on it , Honda GX series have the same type of set up , on the Honda it goes from the valve cover to the intake

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The kohler on my wood splitter has one of those hoses. I'm glad y'all brought this issue to my attention.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
This is the hose in question ?? ..... I believe I'll order a replacement hose just in case, I'd be screwed if i lost this kohler plant!

Edit: i already see some oil residue, around the base where the hose goes in the valve cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
The rubber is very thin and oil seems to have an effect on it , Honda GX series have the same type of set up , on the Honda it goes from the valve cover to the intake
think the hose may have been ""Made In China"" :smile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts