Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was cleaning my ATV the other day (2009 TRX 420 CTE) and I noticed there was a screw in my tire. The screw is all the way in (up to the head). Its not in the tread, but in between. The tire has not deflated and Id assume it has been in there for a bit over a week. I was thinking about just bringing in the rim and tire and getting a new tire put on, as Im afraid the tire may blow while riding. Any suggestions on the course of action I might take would be appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah man, i wouldnt ride on it, bring it down

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Plug it... Buy yourself a tire plug kit and go to town.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I would plug it. If it's just something round like a screw or nail, a plug will hold great if you do it right. I've been plugging ATV tires and automobile tires for years and they hold great. As long as it's not a cut or as long as it's not on the sidewall or the edge of the sidewall, a plug will hold.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
At least you didn't get a hole in your rim, like I did.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
that was a rough ride home on that wasnt it jb ??

mapcing there is a umbrella plug avail comes with a special install tool but are alot more expensive a reg plug will prob do just fine

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Get the good red radial plugs they work great!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
yup..plug it..save your cash for beer !..i've used plugs on my truck tires a few times..if they can hold in those..and they do !..use them in your atv tire. i've also used them on my atv by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts