Honda ATV Forum banner

My new (to me) Quad

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Helmut 
#1 ·
Just pick this up last night. 2001 with 200 miles. Anyone know if there is a lift kit availabe for this year quad?

Thanks
T

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice find. Just curious, what's the purpose of the lift kit? It'll make it easier to tip and won't add ground clearance (unless you go with taller tires).

#11 ·
Great buy!! I don't like lifts on those. That's one of the things that I like about those models is that they sit low and it makes them a lot harder to flip on steep hills. Everybody's different about what they like, though, but they do look good with a lift and wheel spacers to make them wider and have a better stance.

#13 ·
Good find! unless you are doin a lot of muddin with big tires you don't need a lift, you will just wear out parts faster.

#17 ·
great buy paid 5 for mine with less than 24 hours on it, sounds like you got just as good a deal love finding good quads for good prices

#20 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if they are still the factory tires on it? They are Goodyear's, but they seem kinda big from what I've seen on similar Honda quads...?
Yep, I believe those are the original tires. That model came with Goodyear tires. The stock size tires should be as follows:

Rear - 24X10-11

Front - 24X8-11

That is a 400 and not a 450, right? The 400 came with Goodyear tires and 11 inch rims and the 450 came with Dunlop tires and 12 inch rims. Also, the 450 came with 25 inch tall tires, instead of the 24 inch tall tires that the 400 came with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.