Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If you're lucky, you MIGHT be able to save the grips. Throw the rest of that POS away! lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update...

If you're lucky, you MIGHT be able to save the grips. Throw the rest of that POS away! lol
OK, so here is where we are now....I did a compression test on the engine. It is good! 98 psi! I put a good battery in it and turned the key. The display came on! A small squirt of either and she fired right up! That was all I needed to know for now. I'm about to start the conversion now that I have it all tore down. I should have a rancher TE by morning if all goes well!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
OK, so here is where we are now....I did a compression test on the engine. It is good! 98 psi! I put a good battery in it and turned the key. The display came on! A small squirt of either and she fired right up! That was all I needed to know for now. I'm about to start the conversion now that I have it all tore down. I should have a rancher TE by morning if all goes well!
lol, I was making a joke, I thought it was funny that you hauled those tires and rims all the way back to your house though! :) Would he not let you take it without those? ha ha

·
Registered
531 Posts
Great project man!!! My kinda fun!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well where are you getting the frame from. And all the other parts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
sweet i would of bought it and made something out of it or bought a rancher that was blown up and threw the motor in it i mean where yo gonna get a running rancher motor will all the electrical for $275 good find

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
thats the way i look at it. you probably would've paid $100 just for the wiring harness....great find

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
well where are you getting the frame from. And all the other parts.
I've got a 2003rancher TM that the crankshaft went bad in. I've got the motor completely tore apart. The last part I needed to order was the crank. I was getting ready to order it a few days ago when I came across the 2000 model rancher TE. I figured I couldn't go wrong for 275. The odometer on the TE reads 4223 miles. I already had the motor out of the TM , so all I had to do was change out the wiring harness and all of the component's that the TE had that the TM didn't.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The beautiful part about it is I've already got everything to do a rebuild on this atv when it needs it. I bought a new piston kit, valves, gasket kit, valve seals, cam chain, and had the cylinder bored for the engine out of the TM.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The transformation is done. I now have a rancher TE! The only problem I had was with the wiring harness. The small plug that goes to the ecm and the plug that goes into the regulator/rectifier are the exact same size. They are Eben the same length comming out of the harness.the only difference is one has 5 wires and the other has 6. Well I got them wrong the first time. Hooked up the battery and instantly blew the 30a motor fuse! It took me a minute to figure out what I had done wrong, but I'm just glad it blew the fuse before it had a chance to do any damage.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
Manny
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing