Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had shot front brakes on my 1994 TRX300FW project I bought. Figured it'd be a better buy a disk kit than spend the money to rebuild the drums.

So I called them and placed my order. The dude was ok (not nice, not mean) and told me that my order shipment would be sent out at the end of the week because they were waiting for the new kits form the factory (no stock).
I said OK, no problem because I had a few days off late the next week I planned to use to install this kit, and do some other front end work.

From this point, my experience spirals down hill.

1) After not shipping my item on time, they finally e-mailed me that they would be delaying my shipping a week+. Obviously this was VERY frustrating as now the days I had off I could not use to actually work on the braked. In addition, they did nothing (even when I called about it) for me other than an "oh well, tough luck" attitude about the situation. I have a life, and when I pay for a service or product, I do not expect an "oh well" attitude when I call with concerns about my order. I get there are issues out of your control, but you need to be professional about it, and possibly even offer the customer something for the inconvenience of there being an issue with YOUR supplier (like 10% off or something).

2) When I did get the item, I opened it up and got to work. I immediately went to the website to download the installation instructions (cuz they give you NO PRINTED versions) and found out that they were HORRIBLE. The directions did no show (effectively and simply) directions of certain items (like the ATV knuckle itself, or the fact the caliper unit looks different than the directions show, which causes more confusion), and leaves it up to the person installing it to take a guess at how its supposed to bolt on (Specifically Part D as it dose not show or tell which way (forward or backward) you need to bolt it on). If you are going to have digital directions to save money (no printing) they better be either better, more expansive, or updated. So I hope this feedback will lead you to correct that issue.

3) My items were not packaged correctly. My left caliper was in the right box, and right in left. So I bolted the whole assembly together, and realized "why is my bleeder valve bellow my brake line nut?" I had to go read 3rd party forums to figure out I was not crazy and that it was in fact supposed to be on the top. So I had to UNDO ALL THE WORK I did to then correct the issue because they did not even package my item correctly.

4) I was missing one of my new brake line caliper bolts (and the anti-leak washers packaged with them). Instead of frustrating myself further and contacting SuperATV, and possibly waiting ANOTHER 2 weeks just to get the parts I was supposed to get, I went to an local automotive store and bought a replacement kit that was almost identical so I can finish the job the same day. If I am paying OVER $200 for something, I expected a better quality control job (this goes for both issue #3 above, and this one).

Ultimately the item worked, but my experience with SuperATV was anything but "good", especially given the response I got when I contacted them originally with my first issue. It really sent me a signal that the company does not care about its customer problems with their service once they have your money.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
@rodp ordered my disc conversion though them and it came to the U.K. within 2 weeks, I was happy with that considering their so far away. The callipers were packaged in the wrong order but it didn’t take much figuring out as the bleed valve HAS to be at the highest point possible.

·
Supporting Vendor
160 Posts
Sorry for the hassle, Orvis25. We did catch a few things in quality that resulted in delays getting all the parts finished up and the kits compiled. We rushed it out the door as soon as we got everything fixed and together. The calipers have been labeled wrong since 2008 when the original molds for the castings were made (I know, dumb), but as long as you catch the bleeders and make sure they are up, it should all bolt together without issue. Again, I know your time is important to you and we're very sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the hassle, Orvis25. We did catch a few things in quality that resulted in delays getting all the parts finished up and the kits compiled. We rushed it out the door as soon as we got everything fixed and together. The calipers have been labeled wrong since 2008 when the original molds for the castings were made (I know, dumb), but as long as you catch the bleeders and make sure they are up, it should all bolt together without issue. Again, I know your time is important to you and we're very sorry for the delay.
So is anything going to be done to rectify the situation? Or do I only get an "I'm sorry" ?

I am not the most automotivly savy person. So when I get mislabeled items and directions using older parts I get confused and bolt things on incorrectly (because imI followed directions and labling that was provided)

If this has been an issue since 2008, you seriously need to do something. Put a piece of paper in there saying they are packaged wrong. Something.

Can you apply the $25 now to this order in order to rectify the issue and my frustration? That would rectify it more than being told sorry and here is something for next times order.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
160 Posts
So is anything going to be done to rectify the situation? Or do I only get an "I'm sorry" ?

I am not the most automotivly savy person. So when I get mislabeled items and directions using older parts I get confused and bolt things on incorrectly (because imI followed directions and labling that was provided)

If this has been an issue since 2008, you seriously need to do something. Put a piece of paper in there saying they are packaged wrong. Something.

Can you apply the $25 now to this order in order to rectify the issue and my frustration? That would rectify it more than being told sorry and here is something for next times order.

I have no problem helping you out man. PM me your order number.

Reactions: Macarena Man

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Orvis, I agree with you. Initially I thought you were going to be someone that gets mad anytime something doesn't go your way......I was wrong. It didn't take long for me to " feel your pain"........mislabeled since 2008? You are correct. A simple piece of paper explaning it would suffice. I agree with your assessment about their attitude after reading them admitting this and still no correction. I hope you get more than $25 dollars.......alot more.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
just...wow !...packaged wrong sense 2008 ?, really ????. makes me glad I used high lifter disk brakes for my 2003 trx450fm, had noooooooooo problems with the way they were boxed up , nore bolting them on. in the future superatv ?, perhaps folks would rather things be delayed, and right !, instead of shipped out fast..and wrong ?!. just a heads up :).

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
How about a free disc conversion to auction off on the forums here?! :-D Funds received go to Orvis25

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about a free disc conversion to auction off on the forums here?! :-D Funds received go to Orvis25
Love the idea, but they are not even giving me $25 refund atm like I asked for my trouble.

(Just asking if I will take instore credit, which I don't want because then I need to remember I have it)

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You've already got the numbers (I saw you post them!), so you already have "in-store credit" for $25 with SuperATV don't cha'? So help me get this right... they are offering you something they have already granted to you? Thats hilarious!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You've already got the numbers (I saw you post them!), so you already have "in-store credit" for $25 with SuperATV don't cha'? So help me get this right... they are offering you something they have already granted to you? Thats hilarious!
The $25 code I posted was for writing an item review, which anyone gets I guess as a first time order. Which someone pm'd me they took it, so I removed it (I donated it to the community)

That is TOTALLY seperate from what I am asking them to do for the hassle this order has caused.

So as far as I'm concerned at this moment superatv hasn't done anything in terms of reconciling the situation with this messed up order, etc.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
better yet, how about a give away contest to one of the members here !. like a contest every one can enter, they pick a name out of the hat, winner gets a free disk kit ( superatv must carry/stock the model for their atv ! ) that fits their current atv !!. now this would be a good way to make up for this mess. ( winner pays shipping of course ).

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I like that idea ..... Not only would there be a winner, but it would be good for the forums!

Plus plus.
I think its a great idea !, a member gets a disk kit,superatv stands a chance to redeem themselves, as well as bring in bizz..hmmm..win win for everyone !.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Exactly!!

.... I plan on 300 disk brake mod.... Choices choices.......

Reactions: machinecrook

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like that idea ..... Not only would there be a winner, but it would be good for the forums!

Plus plus.
I think its a great idea !, a member gets a disk kit,superatv stands a chance to redeem themselves, as well as bring in bizz..hmmm..win win for everyone !.
Except for me if they decide to not actually do anything for my hassles. :|

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts

Plus plus.
Except for me if they decide to not actually do anything for my hassles. :|
not sure what to tell you on your dealings ?, maybe if your that unhappy, ship the parts back, ask for a full refund, buy it somewhere else ??..I don't know ??. there is always a day things do not go right bro. example; ordered a carb kit ( shindy ) from ebay last Thursday, tracking number showed to be here Tuesday, checked tracking order Monday night, NOW IT SHOWED TO BE HERE THIS COMING THURSDAY ?!..WTH right ?, I contacted the seller, expressed this issue ( nicely ! ), told me the post office or whatever up there in OH was letting packages sit on weekends, ok..well, he not only tells me that he will refund my full paying price ?, but tells me to keep the carb kit, not ship it back, AND WOULD OFFER ME A DISCOUNT ON FURTHER PURCHASES !. NOW THAT IS HOW YOU HANDLE SCREW UPS, AND KEEP PPL COMING BACK !.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.