Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 2 brothers pipe is bad arse... that is what I run on my 450.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How much extra power did the exhaust mod give you?? A guy I go to school with uncle just got one and was asking about putting a new exhaust on his.
IMO one slip on is just about as good as another. Now that is limited to slip-ons only. They almost always amount to a straight pipe with packing and the horsepower gains ate within a percent of one another. I like my Yoshimura better simply because of the sound. With the spark arrestor in it purrs, without it in it roars. The design of the pipe that leads into the Yoshimura looks like it was designed a little more than the Two Brothers, which looks like they made the appropriate bends to make it into the muffler so that it would work and that's it. Don't get me wrong though, I thought it was constructed very well and their support after the sale was/is second to none.

To me it all boiled down to the sound. Both companies make a damn fine product.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got my 700, what did they tell you about the break in procedure and for how long

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
nooooo kidding..that was off the wall !!!!..you won't see me try that..thats for sure !!..next time..tell him to take those paddles off..and try it !..welcome to the formus.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forums.There crazy.What happens if you sinker in the middle.By by quad.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I just got my 700, what did they tell you about the break in procedure and for how long
Ride it hard. These new motors need lots of compression built up. Read this:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
I've always believed in doing it this way, because over the years I've notice that the ones that get broke in hard, always seem to run better. I just didn't really know the specifics, as he explained it. But I've been reluctant to even mention that to other people, because of all the literature that says to break them in easy. I knew, myself, how I liked to break them in, but it is hard to convince other people when all the literature says otherwise.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Ride it hard. These new motors need lots of compression built up. Read this:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
I've always believed in doing it this way, because over the years I've notice that the ones that get broke in hard, always seem to run better. I just didn't really know the specifics, as he explained it. But I've been reluctant to even mention that to other people, because of all the literature that says to break them in easy. I knew, myself, how I liked to break them in, but it is hard to convince other people when all the literature says otherwise.
The MFG's are covering their butts by telling people to be easy on them. It is retarded how easy it is for them to decline warrasnty work because it was improper maintainance or not broke in properly.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts