Honda ATV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
2000 Rancher ES front rack measured as if it were mounted on the bike:

left-right, at widest point (rear of rack): 33.875" (86.0425 cm)
left-right, at narrowest point (front of rack): 30.875" (78.4225 cm)
front-rear, longest point (either side): 14.875" (37.7825 cm)
front-rear, shortest point (center section): 11.31" (28.7274 cm)

I have both racks off of the bike, so hollar if I can help ya.
Thanks mate i really appreciate the cm conversion hahah i dont even own a tape with inches and have no idea when it comes to inches. We arnt taught it at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
My wife does the whole science thing (teaches) and she constantly brings up the fact that the whole world uses the metric system while we just HAVE to be different. LOL

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
I have no idea where to post this but i need help with the old suzuki lt250 85-86 and adjusting the valves. When i bring it to tdc compression stroke it hits the tdc mark on the flywheel before the valves have stopped closing. Should i adjust it when it completely at the upstroke or should i set them at tdc from the mark

·
Registered
190 Posts
I found a Suzuki forum just like this one that addressed this exact issue. Look up www.quadcrazy.com . It will let you sign in with your Google account and not have to join or anything, unless ya just want to, which would probably help ya out while you're getting that one up and ready for sale. Give a go, hopefully that will help ya out buddy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I found a Suzuki forum just like this one that addressed this exact issue. Look up www.quadcrazy.com . It will let you sign in with your Google account and not have to join or anything, unless ya just want to, which would probably help ya out while you're getting that one up and ready for sale. Give a go, hopefully that will help ya out buddy.
I had a look but couldnt find anything. I have had it running before was just hard to start cold. I might stick a straw or somthing to feel when the piston stops moving though i can feel when it stops pushing air out. Dam these things are a pain to get a feeler gauge into aswell

·
Super Moderator
36,809 Posts
I have no idea where to post this but i need help with the old suzuki lt250 85-86 and adjusting the valves. When i bring it to tdc compression stroke it hits the tdc mark on the flywheel before the valves have stopped closing. Should i adjust it when it completely at the upstroke or should i set them at tdc from the mark

valves are out of adjustment ?, or cam chain is stretched ?, or cam chain has jumped time ?.

·
Super Moderator
36,809 Posts
I had a look but couldnt find anything. I have had it running before was just hard to start cold. I might stick a straw or somthing to feel when the piston stops moving though i can feel when it stops pushing air out. Dam these things are a pain to get a feeler gauge into aswell

lol, yeah, the susies are tough to get in there with feeler gauges !, another reason I don't use them !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
When i bring it to tdc compression stroke it hits the tdc mark on the flywheel before the valves have stopped closing. Should i adjust it when it completely at the upstroke or should i set them at tdc from the mark
It sounds like you are stopping on TDC on the end of the exhaust stroke. Rotate the crank one more complete revolution and stop on the TDC mark again... that should be the end of the compression stroke and both valves should have closed.

But if the valve timing has jumped (or the flywheel key has sheared) none of that matters, cause it won't run anyway until its fixed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
When i bring it to tdc compression stroke it hits the tdc mark on the flywheel before the valves have stopped closing. Should i adjust it when it completely at the upstroke or should i set them at tdc from the mark
It sounds like you are stopping on TDC on the end of the exhaust stroke. Rotate the crank one more complete revolution and stop on the TDC mark again... that should be the end of the compression stroke and both valves should have closed.

But if the valve timing has jumped (or the flywheel key has sheared) none of that matters, cause it won't run anyway until its fixed.
Hmm ill have another look when i get home from work i was putting my finger over the spark plug hole to feel ot blow i thought that was the compression stroke. I dont think anything is out as it runs quite good just with enough blowby to to shoot the oil cap through the tin roof

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

lol, yeah, the susies are tough to get in there with feeler gauges !, another reason I don't use them !..lol.
I dont think they could of made the job any harder especially the exhaust valves that are right behind the frame

·
Super Moderator
36,809 Posts

I dont think they could of made the job any harder especially the exhaust valves that are right behind the frame

and the fact that the exhaust valve in pointing straight down at the bottom !..lol. I hate working on susies, they are not my cup of tea one bit !..lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I think i got it sorted for those playing along at home this is the dumb set up of a suzuki

·
Super Moderator
36,809 Posts
I see susies are still using vacuum to operate the carbs on their atvs ?, I see the vacuum line on top of the intake boot, I never liked that about susies one bit !.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I see susies are still using vacuum to operate the carbs on their atvs ?, I see the vacuum line on top of the intake boot, I never liked that about susies one bit !.
This is a 85-86 model. Thank fk the fuel pump still works or i would of kicked it down the driveway. I just ordered a new choke plunger for it and spring mine was beyond stuffed. Also bought some master cylinder sight glasses off ebay for $6 i never knew you could replace them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I also ordered a battery cover for my rancher from partzilla with the carby parts i can't believe they are only $4 and used from psn they are $25

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ya need to take those feeler gauges you use to set the valves with, hold them tight in your dominant hand, rare back and hurl them mothers as far as ya can!!!! Next, talk to good ol Shadetree. I had more trouble setting my valves on my 300fw and finally gave up and called him. Now I have the shop manual mind you and was sick and tired of reading the same number over and over, rotate it, loosen the nuts set the gap, tighten it back up, fire it up and sounded like rocks in a hubcap of an old Studebaker! Over and over and over man, I tell ya, what a pain! Like I said, I called my boy and within 10 minutes with him talking me through it, I hit the button and she fired up and sounded like a sewing machine son! Never used a set of feeler gauges to do it! Never heard of ANYBODY using his method, EVER, and I thought he was crazy, well, he is LMAO, but 25 plus years of doing this stuff will learn ya a thing or 10 lol. It's so stinking easy and I've done it since then and had perfect results every time! He caught some flack on my build thread but as far as I'm concerned, the Shade method needs to be printed in the Honda manual! I bet if ya ask him real nice he'd hook an Aussie up!!! And if he hasn't had his 9 pots of coffee and is in a bad mood, PM me and I will! 😁. He has some unorthodox methods for a few things, but I tell ya what, they'll work EVERY TIME and be RIGHT AS RAIN....EVERY TIME!!!! He's an Ace in my book and don't care if his horse never wins a race, I'll put my money on him every time! I told him Wednesday that he's forgot more than I'll ever know.
I'm surprised you didn't see the thread on that forum I read. I took me a bit to find it, but he had the same issue you were having. That's the only reason I posted it for ya man. Check it out again when ya gotta few minutes and see if you can locate it. I'm old and not tech savvy, so wasn't sure how to be able to send the exact thread like these guys do, sorry, but gave it a shot man. Keep up the good work, I'm amazed at your fab work and some of your ideas. I love seeing things like this and other folks learn things from guys like you, really cool. Keep on mate, I'm enjoying your build!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Is partzillas shipping fast for you guys over there. Last 2 times ive ordered i get a tracking number quick but the package takes a few days before its picked up from them

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Thats typical Partzilla policy. It can get a lot worse than that too... wait'll they start lying to you on the phone! They suck when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Thats typical Partzilla policy. It can get a lot worse than that too... wait'll they start lying to you on the phone! They suck when it comes to customer service.
It hasnt been 2 bad id say it will nearly be 2 weeks to get here like last time. But ive had stuff out of the US in under a week

Alot of aussie ebay sellers do the same give you a tracking number to look like its been sent but isnt picked up for a couple of days

·
Super Moderator
36,809 Posts
dont hold your breath waiting on parts to be shipped fast from partzilla...lol. as for the ebay sellers ?..THEY ALL DO THAT !!!. been dealing with ebay for many, many years, and every damn one of them send you a tracking number, and it has not even been picked up ?!..lol.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts