Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Are you going to snap off the lip ?
I tried and started to make a mess its back far enough that it dosnt touch. If youve got the hot tip on getting it off im all ears i couldnt fit my side cutters in there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Usually a whisel with da'chisel right where it turns up then pliers to pull it off ------ it might be a dirt and vine trap like it is ------ did the sleeve come with a driver sleeve ? Can you share the part number ? would like to see what they go for $ wise over here

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
Done a few bits and peices got my speedi sleeve on today i hope it works out. Also been working on make new steps. Its missing 1 of the plastic step bits so im not sure what to put in there yet maybe expanded mesh any suggestions??. Ive been putting off the last bit of rust right at the front where the model sticker is.

Im still undecided on what to do about my rims i was going to cut the outside lip off and weld a new 1 on but ive seeb how cheap i can get rims over in the US so nlw im undecided haha

the speedi sleeve is a great idea, but !..my concern is..is the sleeve going to be putting to much pressure on the pinion oil seal ?, as in..expand it larger, and cause it to leak way too soon ?. other than this ?, I think your doing one heck of a job taking this on !!!..well done !.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Curious to see how that speedy sleeve works.

I really need to look further into those, specifically for hubs. As these machines get older hubs will either become unavailable or get pricey, so finding speedy sleeves that will work on them would be a breakthrough.

For floorboards, I would absolutely go with expanded metal. As you can see, here in the states expanded metal floorboards are available in the aftermarket and are very common.

ATV Parts ATV Tires ATV Wheels ATV Accessories: Floorboard-Honda Fourtrax 300 2x4/ 4x4 (92-00)

With your welding skills it should be very easy for you to throw a set together.

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
I made a set of floorboards , had some scraps so materials didn't cost anything , but for a bit over a hundred bucks you can get a set already made , painted with hardware and a pedal extension ------- no labor , no paint , no grinding wheels , no sand paper , no oxy/acc , no hardware , that's hard to bet

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I made a set of floorboards , had some scraps so materials didn't cost anything , but for a bit over a hundred bucks you can get a set already made , painted with hardware and a pedal extension ------- no labor , no paint , no grinding wheels , no sand paper , no oxy/acc , no hardware , that's hard to bet
Yeah but shipping Down Under would be pricey...LOL

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Done a few bits and peices got my speedi sleeve on today i hope it works out. Also been working on make new steps. Its missing 1 of the plastic step bits so im not sure what to put in there yet maybe expanded mesh any suggestions??. Ive been putting off the last bit of rust right at the front where the model sticker is.

Im still undecided on what to do about my rims i was going to cut the outside lip off and weld a new 1 on but ive seeb how cheap i can get rims over in the US so nlw im undecided haha

the speedi sleeve is a great idea, but !..my concern is..is the sleeve going to be putting to much pressure on the pinion oil seal ?, as in..expand it larger, and cause it to leak way too soon ?. other than this ?, I think your doing one heck of a job taking this on !!!..well done !.
The point of the sleeve is its only .25mm thick so dosnt put any extra pressure on the seal

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Usually a whisel with da'chisel right where it turns up then pliers to pull it off ------ it might be a dirt and vine trap like it is ------ did the sleeve come with a driver sleeve ? Can you share the part number ? would like to see what they go for $ wise over here
Yea it came with the driver. Im bloody paranoid about hurting it as it cost me $55 though. Ill get a pic of the box

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Yeah but shipping Down Under would be pricey...LOL
I forgot he is bloody Down Under , they make the floor boards right here in Louisiana

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
cant wait ta see how you do the rim, should ya have to. there ought to be a way to ship from US to Down Under. the Chinese do it all the time, shipping to US, they get way cheap rates..
very good, at what you do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
cant wait ta see how you do the rim, should ya have to. there ought to be a way to ship from US to Down Under. the Chinese do it all the time, shipping to US, they get way cheap rates..
From rocky mountain atv postage for 4 rims was $130 and the rims were 50 or 60 each.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
From rocky mountain atv postage for 4 rims was $130 and the rims were 50 or 60 each.

I bet it sucks to not be able to just drive over here to the states, and pick stuff up local huh !.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

I bet it sucks to not be able to just drive over here to the states, and pick stuff up local huh !.
Yea and 1 of my dollars only gets me 70c us at the moment but to be honest if i bought everything new for this quad it wouldnt be worth doing it would cost too much. Steel dosnt cost me because i get it from work main thing it costs me is time. And ive been waiting 4 weeks for front brake shoes now and 3 weeks for a couple of seals and o rings..

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
china does this through e-bay, an postal rates. you an your mates get together, figure this part out. some on this forum use e-bay, an might ave some hints. a special business stamp or something. it aint right ya got to pay so much, when ya dont ave too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Can anyone tell me if these rims would fit on mine. If i could get them cheap it would be ok

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these rims would fit on mine. If i could get them cheap it would be ok

no, they wont !. that looks like an old school trx350 ?..rims on that are wayyyyyyyyyy different than your rancher bro !.

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
41 - 60 of 150 Posts