Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new 11" rims for my 91' Fourtrax. Going to try mounting myself, any tips?
I have watched my share of youtube videos but figured id reach out to this community also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a copy paste from what I wrote in your other thread plus some, I hadn’t seen this thread before posting.

It’s not easy let me tell you, I just mounted some 2 weeks ago. Get yourself some tire spoons and someone to help you. Takes some trial and error but it’s possible. Also you need a decent sized compressor to seat the bead.

To get the tire on the rim, they say that it’s easier to mount on one side than the other, for me the lips on the wheels looked pretty much the same and I couldn’t find a difference. Yours might vary.

Before seating the bead, remove the valve stem as it allows for an increase of air flow, making seating the bead easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,
Going to do my best to have three people but definitely at least two.

Good advice on the valve stem too, I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I use the HF tire changer with the MC adapter. Breaking beads takes a homemade bead breaker and a few bandaids. Seating that bead at 30psi sounds like a 12ga going off. Fun, fun fun.😳

Reactions: Goober

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I don’t think you’re going to make bank with this DIY job — good luck to ya tho.
I spent $50 on mounting and stems and was glad to be done with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don’t think you’re going to make bank with this DIY job — good luck to ya tho.
I spent $50 on mounting and stems and was glad to be done with it.
That's a great price plus stems. Around here I got quoted for $30-40 a tire for swapping tires.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Wow
my friendly brick and mortar Honda shop must have given me a discount for in-store tire purchase. Just last month i bought two tires and brought in two loose tires. they charged me only for removal and mounting of the two wheels with loose tires.
There’s many good reasons to buy from your local Honda shop — first is to have a good relationship with the service and parts team.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts