Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
12,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been helping my neighbor , who is a Honda guy with a 500 , with a bike he bought off of Let It Go .com for his friends to ride , trying to figure out what it really is to get parts , I helped him get the vin number off the bottom of the frame and found it to be a 1999 by the 10th digit , it says Yamaha Moto 350 on it and no other names , we took the rear disc brakes apart and when I go to Partzilla and look at the 1999 350's there are about 5 different models that are 350 , Big Bear and Warrior are two models , the disc doesn't match any of the part prints , he is going to the dealer as soon as he can with the vin and the brake pocks ( round pads ) , I had heard that there were exact copies of Yamaha out there in the past for a couple of years that Yamaha sued them and they quit making them , wondering if this could be one of them , but it says Yamaha on it , but the plastics look like they have been changed , wonder too if this could be like a Grey Market ( also known as World Market ) bike

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I'm pretty sure they did a 250 as well, not sure if that was just for the UK market or not. I seem to remember that quadbikeswales were the store we used for spares, may be worth a try if you run out of options.
I had a 225 as my first ATV, my dad (rodp) sold it because I kept telling him I'd got the brakes working but I actually hadn't.. Of course, he tried it one day and that was the end of that! Lol.

· Registered
7,334 Posts
yamaha made 3 moto 4 atv's. 225, 250, & 350. the 350 was offered in 4x4 for a few years back in the late 80's, even though the big bear was the exact same thing other then a different name badge. they all shared the same rear disc brake assembly.

You say it is a 99 with the little round brake pads and disc brake, Yamaha quit that brake design after 1995 with the big bear 350.

so something is definitely off.

Sounds almost like its a bastardized bike, someone used the running gear off a late 80's big bear, then got a new frame, and used old plastics. hard to say without seeing it.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I thought they did a 250, thanks for clarifying Manny.

If I remember rightly my old 225 was drum up front and a floating disc/fixed calliper setup on the rear. The pads were square though not round if that helps. I can't remember what year it was unfortunately, Not sure if the pads were changed over the years for different types/shapes.

· Premium Member
12,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thank you all , yes it is 2wd , yes it was the round disc brake pucks , I need to check the cc marking on the engine , who knows when you buy used , I need to take a pic of the bike , I think it might be a mixture of parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.