Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would vote for Honda. I've bought more blown up Yamaha 4-strokes than all other brands combined. Especially early 2000s MX bikes. Not sure about their new stuff.

Rob

·
Registered
711 Posts
My previous Yamahas were all very reliable.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Tranny, electrical, and motor - wise my Yamaha has been more reliable than my Honda (but I have the biggest turd Honda ever made). But chassis and body - wise my Honda that I bought new in 2003 still feels tighter than my Yamaha that I bought new in 2012.

But in terms of all out reliability, I'd rate footshift honda's and ultramatic yamahas tied for 1st.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yamaha is pretty good but they are no Honda.

Had to pull the head off my Rhino and replace the head gasket at 2400kms, not really sure why it failed. Been fine since though, near 10,000kms on it now.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I think a HUGE question to be asked here and explained, is WHAT
is RELIABLE , and what does it mean to people
does it, me, problem free for a YR, 2 yrs 5, 10,20?

as in todays world It sure seems like folks thing GOOD is if it lasts a yr or so and then they upgrade to latest crap made!
the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!
so, till someone put's a age, time limit on RELIABLE< this is all a loaded bunch of crap

anyone remember when trucks and tractors and even ATV's were the EXACT SAME model yr after yr after yr, minus some new stickers or paint colors, and parts swapped of yr after yr models??
they HAD LONG term plans, they made them for yrs perfecting(or trying to MAYBE) make it a BETTER model

NOW< its BIG changes yr after yr on MOST things, and its the NEW crap that;s selling things and NOT reliable "X" that is!
its all again IMO< more about having latest gadgets and model more than IF It works better or not! or lasts longer or NOT,
its a disposable world
where , folks DON"T seem to care HOW long something last, OR a clue what LONG TIME really means>

there are a LOT of old tractors from the 40's and 50's still working JUST fine , 50-60+ yrs of WORKING<
is what a LONG term RELIABLE product is

I doubt anyone will be having 2017's atv's running, in 2037, 20 yrs from now, like so many have 20 yr old HONDA 's ATV 's NOW and DOUBT HONDA is even trying to make ATV;'s last that long, or any other ATV company for that matter, rather it last 3-5 yrs and sell you new one's! with more gadgets on it LOL
and old parts ONLY good for 1 or MAYBE 2-3 yrs of being comparable for PARTS

modern era of mind sets is NOT what it once was!

MAYBE someone should start a POLL< on how long is a LONG time by today's standards,
on HOW Long , you EXPECT your atv to be PROBLEM free??

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Reliable = An opportunity, with an expectation to survive -- if properly used and properly maintained.

The products produced nowadays are not given that opportunity by the manufacturers. Extremely short product life cycles are intentionally engineered into every product produced nowadays. Millions of $$$ each month are spent searching for new ways to guarantee a predicted failure rate of every component to ever-minimize ALL product life cycles. Every component is optimized to provide an early failure rate that meets carefully calculated projections of life cycle goals.

What I just explained above are indisputable facts! The body of evidence for the above is overwhelming!!! What I just explained above is ORGANIZED CRIME on a GLOBAL SCALE!!!!

As I said earlier, "Reliable" does not exist at all anymore. All conditions required have been removed, so any definition (or claim) of "Reliable" nowadays is nothing more than lying and thieving! It has been carefully eliminated during these last five decades in a creeping global corporate scheme. Many folks 40 and under nowadays have never experienced an honest product!

Any hope..? Not if you are buying ANY of it. Change comes from within. Every individual is responsible.

...the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!
Thats incorrect. Reliability is gone due to it being stripped away intentionally. It is not for sale anymore, anywhere, at any price. The reason folks replace with new crap quite often is because the product is failing, or has already failed on them. Its robbery. The ignorant folks don't know any better cause they aren't old enough to have had any experience with an honest product.

anyone remember when trucks and tractors and even ATV's were the EXACT SAME model yr after yr after yr, minus some new stickers or paint colors, and parts swapped of yr after yr models??
they HAD LONG term plans, they made them for yrs perfecting(or trying to MAYBE) make it a BETTER model
Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid growth opportunities. Its called "Efficient use of Resources" It minimizes waste, both in man hours expenditures and in materials consumption.

NOW< its BIG changes yr after yr on MOST things, and its the NEW crap that;s selling things and NOT reliable "X" that is!
its all again IMO< more about having latest gadgets and model more than IF It works better or not! or lasts longer or NOT,
its a disposable world
where , folks DON"T seem to care HOW long something last, OR a clue what LONG TIME really means>
Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid collapse opportunities. It is a requirement for demolition. Same pasasite ruling families been doing these same disgusting things to us over and over again for centuries. "History repeats" because its the same [email protected]#$es pulling the same schemes on us over and over again. Wake up to reality if you dare.

there are a LOT of old tractors from the 40's and 50's still working JUST fine , 50-60+ yrs of WORKING<
Yep, I got some of those old machines. All are super dependable and economical to own and use. They are made to WORK HARD all stinkin' day long and get up and do it again the next. Can't kill them...

I doubt anyone will be having 2017's atv's running, in 2037, 20 yrs from now, like so many have 20 yr old HONDA 's ATV 's NOW and DOUBT HONDA is even trying to make ATV;'s last that long, or any other ATV company for that matter, rather it last 3-5 yrs and sell you new one's! with more gadgets on it LOL
A 20 years life cycle out of a 2017 product? Yeah, its not possible! If a person has deep pockets and an old machine along to haul his cold wet butt home every weekend, I give 'em 4 years tops.

They have been using electronics technology against us to effectively weld the hoods shut so we can't repair anything on them. Denial of access strategies are inclusive of every design nowadays, they have spent billion$ on it.

Anything that cannot be electronically killed off on the product is killed off using countless other backstabbing criminal methods. For instance: Every sealed roller bearing and sealed ball bearing on every machine sold today is EMPTY! No grease in any of them, just a lil' dab of Yak-Fat in one lil' spot to make you think there is grease in them when you turn them in your hand. ALL replacement bearings sold to you to fix all those dry bearings when they fail are EMPTY TOO!

Reliable? Reliability? Whatsat...? I see nothing but organized crime being directed onto the populace of this planet!

·
Registered
172 Posts
<<A 20 years life cycle out of a 2017 product? Yeah, its not possible!>>

In 20 years we will have self-driving quads, at Disneyland, with trees the go up and down while you sit there. "Just like it used to be"...

No need for long term reliability.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Quote"...the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!"

QUOTE" Thats incorrect. Reliability is gone due to it being stripped away intentionally. It is not for sale anymore, anywhere, at any price. The reason folks replace with new crap quite often is because the product is failing, or has already failed on them. Its robbery. The ignorant folks don't know any better cause they aren't old enough to have had any experience with an honest product. QUOTE"

I will have to agree and dis agree with you here,
as I know countless folks that BUY new things LONG before the things they have NOW fail, , they just prefer to have NEW things all the time, and its a growing way to view things in today's world, being adapted by a LOT of people, spend spend spend?? that credit card is in never ending use for FAR too many!
so,
its NOT just due to things NOT being reliable and or that they failed, TOPO many people today feel like they need to HAVE the latest and greatest things, even when what they have does the job now, look at phones and or cars, many BUY new just to have NEW one's, NOT all, but a LOT sure do this!, being IN STYLE and POPULAR< seems a Bigger issue today than ever IMO

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reliable = An opportunity, with an expectation to survive -- if properly used and properly maintained.

The products produced nowadays are not given that opportunity by the manufacturers. Extremely short product life cycles are intentionally engineered into every product produced nowadays. Millions of $$$ each month are spent searching for new ways to guarantee a predicted failure rate of every component to ever-minimize ALL product life cycles. Every component is optimized to provide an early failure rate that meets carefully calculated projections of life cycle goals.

What I just explained above are indisputable facts! The body of evidence for the above is overwhelming!!! What I just explained above is ORGANIZED CRIME on a GLOBAL SCALE!!!!

As I said earlier, "Reliable" does not exist at all anymore. All conditions required have been removed, so any definition (or claim) of "Reliable" nowadays is nothing more than lying and thieving! It has been carefully eliminated during these last five decades in a creeping global corporate scheme. Many folks 40 and under nowadays have never experienced an honest product!

Any hope..? Not if you are buying ANY of it. Change comes from within. Every individual is responsible.

...the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!
Thats incorrect. Reliability is gone due to it being stripped away intentionally. It is not for sale anymore, anywhere, at any price. The reason folks replace with new crap quite often is because the product is failing, or has already failed on them. Its robbery. The ignorant folks don't know any better cause they aren't old enough to have had any experience with an honest product.

Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid growth opportunities. Its called "Efficient use of Resources" It minimizes waste, both in man hours expenditures and in materials consumption.

Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid collapse opportunities. It is a requirement for demolition. Same pasasite ruling families been doing these same disgusting things to us over and over again for centuries. "History repeats" because its the same [email protected]#$es pulling the same schemes on us over and over again. Wake up to reality if you dare.

Yep, I got some of those old machines. All are super dependable and economical to own and use. They are made to WORK HARD all stinkin' day long and get up and do it again the next. Can't kill them...

A 20 years life cycle out of a 2017 product? Yeah, its not possible! If a person has deep pockets and an old machine along to haul his cold wet butt home every weekend, I give 'em 4 years tops.

They have been using electronics technology against us to effectively weld the hoods shut so we can't repair anything on them. Denial of access strategies are inclusive of every design nowadays, they have spent billion$ on it.

Anything that cannot be electronically killed off on the product is killed off using countless other backstabbing criminal methods. For instance: Every sealed roller bearing and sealed ball bearing on every machine sold today is EMPTY! No grease in any of them, just a lil' dab of Yak-Fat in one lil' spot to make you think there is grease in them when you turn them in your hand. ALL replacement bearings sold to you to fix all those dry bearings when they fail are EMPTY TOO!

Reliable? Reliability? Whatsat...? I see nothing but organized crime being directed onto the populace of this planet!
Planned obsolescence.

I am the town weirdo with my 83 GMC, 85 Jeeps, 94 Accord (daily driver), 1985 John Deere mower, my 79 Honda Generator, my 69 Evinrude outboard, my 76 John Deere 2640, my 83 John Deere 750, etc etc.

I can afford newer stuff, but I don't want it.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
A UK opinion goes like this...

Honda
Yamaha
Suzuki
Kawasaki
CanAm
Polaris

·
Registered
324 Posts
It is public opinion, not fact. I would only put stock in it, if it were based on hard data.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1986 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 / 2x4, 1987 honda 350 foreman / 90s 400 foreman, Honda 250 & 300 ex 80 & 90s models hell even the Fourtrax 90. Well any old honda engine with orginal shaft, foot shifter.
Then you have Suzuki 230 quad sport, 250 4x4 and king quad 300 which yes the transmission was unreliable but motor was!
Yamaha Timberwolf, big bear, Kodiak,blaster, warrior, wolverine and etc

Then kawasaki bayou 220, 300 and 300 4x4 and 400.

Polaris back in the day were fast yes new technology but unreliable especially in water.Artic cat i believe followed suzuki and was a good reliable atv as well but you guys are fixed on 2020 atvs and as much as they are great cause they have everything you can imagine which in reality it defeats the purpuse such as trucks today.

If you want a machine that will never die, little to non maintenance and feels like it has the torq to go up a vertical wall... Honda 300 4x4 or the orginal foreman. They might not be Huge but easy to get unstuck, will drown in a pond and fire right back up and never skip a heart beat and pull your shed. The honda foreman 400 old school tradional atv will truly blow your mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts