Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to confirm to those that are interested that my mole problem is gone. I brought this up in the "of mice and moles" thread a few weeks ago. For those of you that are hearing this for the first time, I am finally rid of my overwhelming mole problem! My solution was to apply a granule that kills grubs. Grubs are the favorite food for moles. Kill the grubs......the moles go elsewhere. It was so effective that last Monday I applied three more 20lb. bags around the perimeter of my yard because there still activity out there. I used Nitro Phos brand granules. 20 lbs. about $16. I applied it very heavy using my Scotts broadcast fertilizer spreader on max. It used a lot of of product but I'm very happy to say the moles are gone and my yard has never been healthier. Perhaps $145 for 3/4 -7/8 acre?

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Good deal , I had thought about and mentioned attacking their food source the grub in that mole or mice thread , the Mole Man from the UK joined the forum and I thought we were going to get some tips on mole eradication but he eradicated and not the moles , I have gotten my mole problem under control a bit , they are away from the pump shed and house , still got a few in the yard by the trees --- my method is fun and you get a by product for your money , instead of buying $145 of poison , I drank a $145 of beer and kept peeing in their tunnels , they moved out

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal , I had thought about and mentioned attacking their food source the grub in that mole or mice thread , the Mole Man from the UK joined the forum and I thought we were going to get some tips on mole eradication but he eradicated and not the moles , I have gotten my mole problem under control a bit , they are away from the pump shed and house , still got a few in the yard by the trees --- my method is fun and you get a by product for your money , instead of buying $145 of poison , I drank a $145 of beer and kept peeing in their tunnels , they moved out
Well my pee must be equivalent to nuclear waste. I live out on my property where no one can see me. I pee'd in the same spot next to my sidewalk for several months. It killed the grass for two years! It is just now coming back.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
I know you ain't lying , my pee kills grass quicker than round up !!!! And it stays dead longer too !!!

I use to have raccoons , possums , bobcats , coyotes and all kinds of critters coming on the patio at night after a party , I would see them on the video , after peeing around the perimeter , they don't come

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Well my pee must be equivalent to nuclear waste. I live out on my property where no one can see me. I pee'd in the same spot next to my sidewalk for several months. It killed the grass for two years! It is just now coming back.
You won't it really strong ?? Mix it half with apple cider vinegar... I must have really p----d um off! Lol , cause there GONE! Lol

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I believe your right... I've had to deal with those suckers too, talk about, a destructive critter! I usually pop um with the 870 super mag, it never surprises me... Every time i pop one it jumps up, it doesn't matter if its ahead shot or not..... I believe They carry some Purdy bad diseases too.

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
I believe your right... I've had to deal with those suckers too, talk about, a destructive critter! I usually pop um with the 870 super mag, it never surprises me... Every time i pop one it jumps up, it doesn't matter if its ahead shot or not..... I believe They carry some Purdy bad diseases too.
They can carry Leprosy. They can hop for sure when you shoot one. I use my 870 riot gun with some cheap buckshot. It tends to work well.:icon_censored:

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yep! Don't they also carry TB ?? I was told never pick um up bare handed!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are still out of the yard. They do patrol the perimeter still........proof it works. Applied some brown patch granules........never had a better looking lawn. Ran my rider out of oil yesterday evening! New thread on that momentarily.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
I mowed yesterday afternoon and while I don't have moles, apparently the armadillos are wreaking havoc in my yard. Pretty sure they dig for the same grubs that the moles eat.

Armadillos are open season all year long here , they are on the nuisance list -------yes I have also heard the can carry Def Leppard-see , LOL ------ when you shoot them they can jump 5 ft straight up and tumble and roll around on the ground ---they mess up your yard

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
I been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends and peeing in their tunnels , I am really starting to believe that pee also works well on raccoons , possums , bobcats and coyotes , but not ferrel cats , cause all I have been seeing is cats and squirrels

yesterday I got hit 3 times by what I call ground hornets , I know they come out the ground , cause I seen them , like 50 and I was very lucky I didn't get it worse than I did , boy do they hurt , one got me on the jugular vein on side my neck , my head was pounding and eye ringing ----- I slap one and killed him and have him in a zip-lock , need to post a pic later and see what you guys call them , and tell the whole hornet story , pretty interesting , could only happen to me

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends and peeing in their tunnels , I am really starting to believe that pee also works well on raccoons , possums , bobcats and coyotes , but not ferrel cats , cause all I have been seeing is cats and squirrels

yesterday I got hit 3 times by what I call ground hornets , I know they come out the ground , cause I seen them , like 50 and I was very lucky I didn't get it worse than I did , boy do they hurt , one got me on the jugular vein on side my neck , my head was pounding and eye ringing ----- I slap one and killed him and have him in a zip-lock , need to post a pic later and see what you guys call them , and tell the whole hornet story , pretty interesting , could only happen to me
Mowing a pasture on my tractor when it feels like boiling water is spraying on the back of my neck. Looking around I see it's what I call ground hornets. I jumped off my tractor while bushhogging, ran along side for a few seconds until the hornets left and then with a perfectly timed jump I'm driving again. I couldn't do that now with my bad knees! Oh yeh........I mow third gear at full throttle........fairly fast LOL

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
terrible pic -----I was cutting veins on the wood line with a looper , felt a string on my hand , looked and seen it biting me , swashed him and looked up and seen 50 floating in the air in front of me , I ran about 150 towards the house and stopped and started swatting around my clothes with my hat and another one bit me 1 inch from the other bit ( second time that has happen , bitten twice in the same spot ) maybe it is pheromones from when I smashed the other one I don't know , so I brushed off again and went inside to the bathroom and got Benydril pills and paste , went back to the kithen and got a drink and downed a couple of pills and put the paste on and I hear a loud buzz in my ear , I felt the sting in my neck , I slapped and killed him but too late , my neck was hard as a rock last night , I don't know if he followed me into the house or was on my clothes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts