Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to these forums but not forums in general.
I am a very old member to the largest forum in the world PBnation.com

On the nation we have stickies for people who want to just look up the most common things like.

Will 400ex a arms fit a 300ex and so on.

why not do something similar here.

Ask a member to write something up adding links,pictures etc to make it as helpful as can be sticky them to the top of the section.

I think this could cut out a lot of wasted bandwidth you may have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Like a title............

TRX info........read before you post!!!!!!!!!
This same thing can be done in any section you have on these boards.

Then have links to all the write ups worthy to add,the admin or mod could control what goes in or not,keep the chatter to a min and make it very helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
When someone starts a thread that we feel is worthy of being sticky we make it sticky. People are always free to use the search feature too.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Agree^^^ We also have a section in this forums specifically with repair manuals, schematics ect. besides we get alot of traffic just by chatting it up in a thread. When I joined not even a year ago there was under 600 members I think it's done well. But you do have some valid points.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree about the search but the Forums here are nice and clean with more of the same members who chat which is nice,kinda small town vibe,lol.

But for people who are just passing through its helpful.It maybe the reason he/she joins these forums in the first place.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My opinion is that stickies can sort of get in the way. A few of them at top are OK, but when they start to stretch into more than a few it makes it hard to find where the standard threads start.

How-to threads would be great, however, and if people make them and then move then into their own 'how-to' forum [or the existing manuals forum], and then lock them from getting chit-chat posts, then it would be great.

Again, my opinion. :)

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
That idea has got my vote, Pain. As a member adds a mod or fixes something, if they could give a small step by step write-up we could sticky that and have a "how to" section.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I like the idea!

·
Registered
383 Posts
ya saw stickies on the blaster forum.some had step by step with pictures.like taking the carb apart would be an easy one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just tried searching , how to post pictures and came up with nothin about posting pictures. A sticky on things like that would be nice. Being new to the forum it would help I believe, as it seems all forums are diferant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts