Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been holding off for a year or so, now, i just got to know. i canst stand it no more.
there are, super-moderators, orange,,, moderators, purple,,, an gold supporting members,,, yellow, ... ---... , ... --- ... ;
i never seen a purple moderator.. maybe they got choked out..
that explain's purple..
but, if you are a gold member, and a super-moderator, what color is that??
nuff said. //ed

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts
Super mods have alot of thread editing tools. Regular mods cant really do anything and its more of a stepping stone to super mod status. When you become a mod you automatically become a gold member. The gold supporting members have paid something for that status i do believe? Not 100% sure as i didnt have that status before going to being a moderator.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Slammed is correct. Gold members are paid memberships, there are different levels of moderation and they all have different colours to differentiate one from the other.
i guess the question i am asking is, i never see a purple moderator. are they here? thanks for getting back to me on this. it's not a pressing question. i just wondered if they exist..
if ya caught the 3rd line in my post, it's supposed to be morris code. 3 dot's, 3 dash's, 3 dots. [a bit of humor].

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts
All the mods were purple mods before super mod status. Or atleast thats the way it worked for me. And i cant imagine its any different for anyone else lol

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the concern?
my concern is not with me. but those that give their real name, and later give their, location. i might be wrong on this. i just dont think it is safe.
a little bit of information, can go a long way. i'm not worried about this site, in particular, but from an outside source.
i.e. ,,, ya give your name, tell where ya live, and what kind of stuff, or equipment ya got. it is kinda like a road map, for theft's...
my name is, xxxx, and i live here,xxxx, and i got all this good stuff.
mbrr has good watch dog's.
if ya could bare it, ya could get some of you own.
why sent out an invite, to those, who might use you location, an name, to take from you.
just saying

not the right place, but i lost the post where i was replying to..

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Whats the concern?
my concern is not with me. but those that give their real name, and later give their, location. i might be wrong on this. i just dont think it is safe.
a little bit of information, can go a long way. i'm not worried about this site, in particular, but from an outside source.
i.e. ,,, ya give your name, tell where ya live, and what kind of stuff, or equipment ya got. it is kinda like a road map, for theft's...
my name is, xxxx, and i live here,xxxx, and i got all this good stuff.
mbrr has good watch dog's.
if ya could bare it, ya could get some of you own.
why sent out an invite, to those, who might use you location, an name, to take from you.
just saying

not the right place, but i lost the post where i was replying to..
I fully agree using a real name is not a great idea on today's world of so many having there identity stolen and used in a bad way!
there is also something about being able to post in a more discrete way not using your name, as , there is also a lot of folks that like to pry into peoples privacy and life's with bad intentions,
or letting folks know YOU , where all your at and all the toys you have can open the door to crooks targeting you!
people that wish to meet up always have the option to PM each other and get more personal info that way, and I think its way safer for all, even the site

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
What happened to Kentco ?
He was very involved with this site . . . . then gone ?
he bailed on the site a long time ago, didn't like getting heat/hate or bashed on for his opinions and help he offered here at times, and as such, said goodbye and hasn't been back since
some of us here have talked to him since leaving, and last time I heard from him was last summer or so and he was doing fine living life enjoying his hobbies, but no plans to come back to the forum here!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I emailed him a few months ago he was doing great, he was busy with the Forest service and things around the house he said. He offered me to stay at his house if I ever get to colorado so I may eventually hit him up on that!

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I emailed him a few months ago he was doing great, he was busy with the Forest service and things around the house he said. He offered me to stay at his house if I ever get to colorado so I may eventually hit him up on that!
yeah he's a good guy IMO
I recall when he tried to get a group ride out his way together, offering to be a tour guide like deal and take riders out in his area, which has some awesome scenery too!
but it never happened, not enough folks seemed to have any interest
but was still great of him IMO to make the offer!

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If a member uses their real name, email, ect in their posts or username we can remove it if requested.
you don't have to give every detail of yourself to the forum. admit what you want or make up a name.

lee
i know this, as some of the other members. some members just dont know what they are doing. age has got nothing to do with it. they are just to trusting. just saying.

·
Super Moderator
36,801 Posts
If a member uses their real name, email, ect in their posts or username we can remove it if requested.
you don't have to give every detail of yourself to the forum. admit what you want or make up a name.

lee
i know this, as some of the other members. some members just dont know what they are doing. age has got nothing to do with it. they are just to trusting. just saying.
age has a lot to do with it !!!!!. young folks have no freaking idea what the world is like today with all these hackers and scammers out there !!!!. until they have been down that road ?, all they are doing is inviting these bad folks into their world. if members are stupid enough to post their emails ?, real names ?, whatever ?, then they will get this chance to see the REAL WORLD !..LOL. p.s. I don't really want to call members stupid ?, because they are just not informed is all ?!. maybe we need to make some changes to the site that keeps all new members from using any emails, or real names in their screen names ??. just a thought :).

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^^^^ i was trying to be polite to the younger folks, :devil,
when i said age didn't matter. lmao.
maybe a warning, could be posted, when you 1st sign in.. not to read,, if your "young and dumb"
besides;; i'm in the 'old an dumb' category..:smile

·
Super Moderator
36,801 Posts
^^^^ i was trying to be polite to the younger folks, :devil,
when i said age didn't matter. lmao.
maybe a warning, could be posted, when you 1st sign in.. not to read,, if your "young and dumb"
besides;; i'm in the 'old an dumb' category..:smile
I gave up dumb for age..just older now..lol.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts

lee
age has a lot to do with it !!!!!. young folks have no freaking idea what the world is like today with all these hackers and scammers out there !!!!. until they have been down that road ?, all they are doing is inviting these bad folks into their world. if members are stupid enough to post their emails ?, real names ?, whatever ?, then they will get this chance to see the REAL WORLD !..LOL. p.s. I don't really want to call members stupid ?, because they are just not informed is all ?!. maybe we need to make some changes to the site that keeps all new members from using any emails, or real names in their screen names ??. just a thought :).

I don't think its age, as there are countless older folks that have very little computer/internet skills, and many grew up ina time when things like using a name was SAFE, and the proper way to do things
so, when you get more modern younger kids, and such that , honestly many have way more computer/internet skills than most folks 2-3-4-5 times there age, due to there growing up in things that are common place for them,
I know countless people that still do not have or ever used computer and NONE are kids! 4-5-6 yr olds are using modern computers and like things and get to see and adapt as new tech comes out, more than older folks IMO< as many retired folks, learn one thing and thats all they WANT to learn, and not in the faster growing side of this stuff, I know I fall into this some what, as I don't are about all the new tech very much to want to learn

BUT I am aware of all the scammers and many of the like problems out there.
I personally think there should be better laws about that side of the world wide web
they should have fines and jail times set VERY high as a way to try and protect users better, as face it, this world wide web makes a LOT of money for countless business's
scammers taking away some if that, should face stricter punishments, and THEN maybe there would be less of it, fear is IMO what stops most people from doing things!
I don' t care what anyone says, it WORKS
two most powerful motivators IMO are FEAR and MONEY, make them fear the punishments and Fine the crap out of them, and MAYBE they will slow down
as is, its a joke, and doesn't even seem IMO that anyone really is even trying to stop them
like come on, with all these spam phone calls, the law has been able to track phone calls since there were phones, and now in a modern world they want us to say they cannot??
BS IMO
phone company's are making money selling these people using there services, and as such, they are in NO hurry to loose there money! IMO! they ain't making phone calls without the use of some phone service??
so?

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^^mrbb; not just the phone company's. the list is long. satellite, isp's, operating systems, and lets not forget, google, and others that make a profit, by taking your personal information, and selling it.
and then those that make a profit, by selling you protection. selling protection, has a familiar, ring to it. got to rub my nose, with 1 finger.
steve job's, made a lot of money with the internet. he did split it 2 way's. MAC, where ya pay, and Linux, the free world. if ya ever seen the movie bout window's, ya would even have a lower opinion of it,an then some, bout windows.just my opinion. nothing more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts