Honda ATV Forum banner

Moddified 250x

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Billy250X 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys I've been holding this off for a long time.But the time has come to finally show you the improved quad.It may not be done yet but soon it will be.Over the past few months I've been putting some money into my x.And it may not look like much but its deffinatly a runner.So here she is.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]She's got a full mountain man engineering exhaust system made from 1 5/8 inch header and a hmf style muffler.it's fully jetted and running a open air box.The suspension consists of $400 +8+1 a arms.And yes they are really +8.lol.they are +2+1 400ex a arms.Running stock shocks.the rearend is a +3 mountain man engineering swing arm with a stock shock.And the axle is a +7.5 g force racing axle.And I finally got the nerve up to cut the fenders.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man.

#4 ·
no problem i can sample ur pipe out if u need me to to lol i be ur test guy lolcheck out my thred wheelies and go look at my vids

#5 ·
my pipe has been tested.lol.Shes a powerhouse.I'm running 42 pilot jet and a 135 main.Thats alotta jet for a stock motor.

#7 ·
o dang that big jets for a stock moter i mean i think im running a 38 142

#8 ·
Yeah they are big jets.Thats what the pipe did.she runs perfect.not one pop on de acceleration.The plugs a perfect tan color.And mud.She handles like a dream.I was really leary about cutting into the swing arm.I thought I'd never get it staight.But it's perfect.

#9 ·
Glad to hear from you Billy. Good job on the 250X!!

#11 ·
Looking good Billy, now you can really get muddy ..LOL it looks like the Moose Mobile now.

#14 ·
Thanks everybody.I'm glad you like it.I was really leary cutting into a swing arm.There are so many variables to look at in terms of trueness and being straight.But measure measure measure and it came out great.Not vibration the chain rides perfect and man does it go in a staight line well.

#15 ·
Bump^^^^^^^^!!!

#16 ·
I know you love to cut things up and weld them back together just to prove it can be done, you did a great job on the swingarm, but why not put the 400EX arm on? lol I guess there's a better feeling in making it work youself, great job bro keep em' coming, Mountain man will be up and running before you know it. I bet if you widen out the weld beads and grind them smooth and paint it then it would look stock?

#17 ·
I kinda like the look of the welds.You know being a welder and all.lol.But no it wouldn't look stock.Cause it's a long travel swing arm.It angles out behind at that first cut.Look close at the pics.As for the 400ex swing arm wouldn't you need the 400ex bearing carrier and axle too?

#19 ·
Oh lol.I won't.:icon_ goofy:

#20 ·
So how much speed would a 14 tooth sprocket add to the 250x?

#22 ·
Yeah it's a 13.A 15 would take to much power probably right?

#24 ·
Yep, Red's right, one tooth should give you about 3-5 MPH.

#27 ·
I know that 14's fit.moose has one and others i know do to.But i doubt a 15 would fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.