Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone modded there bikes alot on here? I'm just getting started in modding my quad since I bought it new in 05 of the showrrom floor. Its got about 20hr on it, but its just not what my old 250r three wheeler was,.....

I got a trinity racing stage4 system coming in a week or so, and I already have the stage 2 intake. Any clue what size jets I'll need to start with. I'm thinking 188s or something close. Also, at what point of making power does the stock carbs need to be upped to bigger MM carb? I'm thinking big stroker & bore, with stage 3 cam.:cool:

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
My 450r just has powermadds and a bumper. I just got it for my 16th bday. So hopefully the new job I will be getting will pay for some stuff. I also plan on dropping a tooth on the front or going up to a 40 in the back for trails.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
When i had my 450 i moded the arms and shocks exhaust and guseted fram must do! 450 frams r a little weak under the seat, mine cracked so i bought another frame and guseted it. but i rode it on the track. My sons little !996 Z50R has a custom exhaust made from an sdg pit bike it is loud and it made it faster. I dont know much about carb jetting can do it but the mechanic I got to has a program that he uses to figure that stuff out and he told me what to use. By the way I sold the 450 never rode it it was a purpose built bike and I did not trail ride on track riden. So I bought a 07 400 ex. ITs stock

·
Registered
3 Posts
so has anyone modded there bikes alot on here? I'm just getting started in modding my quad since I bought it new in 05 of the showrrom floor. Its got about 20hr on it, but its just not what my old 250r three wheeler was,.....

I got a trinity racing stage4 system coming in a week or so, and I already have the stage 2 intake. Any clue what size jets I'll need to start with. I'm thinking 188s or something close. Also, at what point of making power does the stock carbs need to be upped to bigger MM carb? I'm thinking big stroker & bore, with stage 3 cam.:cool:
I too want to modify my bike. But I am not getting any idea on How to do it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts