Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to looking at the under side of one of my Ranchers today and noticed I am missing the boot around my rear drive shaft, also the shield that protects the boot and the shaft. Also the brake drum shield.

Question(s): I didn't notice that there was a zerk for the u-joints on that shaft, am I missing something or is there truly a zerk there for greasing?

Is it a big deal to get a new boot on that shaft, and or, do I need to replace that u-joint or shaft since I am going to need to get a boot over that it?

And where would be a good source to get these other than a dealership.

Thanks in advance, FF

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
rocky mountain atv, or partzilla for oem parts.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well checked on the parts I need for my Rancher online, with shipping there is only $7 difference between our dealership and partzilla, I'm just going to have the dealership order the parts and support a local owner. Thanks Shade, I'll keep those links in mind for the future.:smile

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
There ya go! Spread it around. I visit my local dealership at least once a month. They take good care of my work machines and are usually competitive on parts. Also great technical expertise

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
the closest dealer to me is a rip off , there are so many bad stories come out of there I don't know how they stay open , in 15 miles I can be in the next State over and save at least 20% and deal with more knowledgeable and friendly people , plus there in stock inventory is far more superior ---------------- I find a lot of new OEM parts by getting the part number and price from Partzilla and searching that number on e-bay and amazon

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
the closest dealer to me is a rip off , there are so many bad stories come out of there I don't know how they stay open , in 15 miles I can be in the next State over and save at least 20% and deal with more knowledgeable and friendly people , plus there in stock inventory is far more superior ---------------- I find a lot of new OEM parts by getting the part number and price from Partzilla and searching that number on e-bay and amazon
Main dealer Honda is also a rip off here in the UK, unless you spend a lot of money there usually not interested and say parts are discontinued. If you do manage to get a part it's usually twice to three times the price of an aftermarket part! They seem to be more interested in selling you a new ATV rather than parts.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very thankful our dealership is competitive on parts and seem to want to help you, it was bought out by a new guy a couple of years ago and the new owner has really focused on customer service. He has tripled his business in 2 years

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question,
Ive got the missing parts ordered and they should be here next Wednesday, it appears that I have to take the swing arm loose to replace the rear joint boot and bands. After a little research, how hard is it going to be to remove the swing arm pins, and am I going to have to replace the swing arm bushings and or bearings? If that is a possibility I wonder why the service manager didn't mention it when we were talking about have to take the swing arm loose.:confused: Thanks for any input, FF

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parts came in yesterday.:partsin01: Will tear into it this weekend I hope, still no any luck with a service manual for the 2013 Rancher, must be looking in the wrong places. In any event will enlist the help of my brother if need be, shouldn't be too big of job. will be nice to know I have what is needed back under the machine.:grin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts